Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
ICELAND 2008
Hasn't Palmi Gunnarsson (ex member of Icy 1986) got old? How on earth did his song - a dreadful rock number - get through to the Icelandic final? Gleðibankinn it ain't. He's still grinning fit to split his face in half tho'.
Views: 239   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 6, 2007 7:23am
by Jame
j
Jame
Butterfield
Has anyone else seen this bloke on The Peter Serafinowicz Show? It's really funny. Pork Cylinders. Bonbonbonbons. Heh heh.
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2007 5:31am
by Jame
BULGARIA 2008
I know it's a touch early to be commenting on next year's contest, but having watched the 1st 3 semis for Bulgaria, I had to post my thoughts. This is absolute car crash TV! Where did they find these people? The 3rd semi is by far the worst (or best depending on y...
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 2:36pm
by Anna
d
Dan
Gemany 1996
Just listened to "Blauer Planet" for the 1st time on YouTube. How did this not qualify from the semis in 1996 when trash like Spain did? This was a really good song for its time and would have done quite well if given the chance. Eurosong juries.....BAH!
Views: 259   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 14, 2007 9:49am
by Larri Fléchette
The suspense is killing me!
Unless somehow I've managed to miss it, when are we going to learn the result of the prediction contest from the meeting in Manchester just before the contest? Whilst modesty forbids that I should aspire to be the winner (and a load of inaccurate predictions), I wou...
Views: 302   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 12:51pm
by Jame
What can one say?
http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/8943
Views: 186   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 6:38am
by Larri Fléchette
j
Jame
Eurobash in Birmingham
Hello! If you have received this mail it is because you have either attended a past OGAE Convention or you have expressed an interest in this year's event. Don't forget you need to register for this year's Birmingham Bash 2 - on Saturday October 6th at the Ju...
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 4:36am
by Jame
j
Jame
North West Meet Ups - Ideas?
Sue it was just a blip, but the latest meet-up sort of came to nothing. Do you think we need to change the way we organise them, are we having them too often, do we need to do something more than pub/meal? All ideas gratefully received. Jame
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 10:37am
by Jame
Seen from a straight woman's perspective
Was watching with a very open-minded straight female friend yesterday the DVD final. She loved Hanna, Sarbel and Molitva and Bulgaria (was in tears as she said it was a cut above the rest and `heartfelt`). She hated Verka, Natalia and Hungary. The Crisse thing...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 8:46am
by littlejohnuk
j
Jame
Ralph Siegel Show - Episode Four
Is now online, 'Ralph Siegel Does Some Good Deeds' features an appearnace from Marija Serifovic, and another mystery Eurovision winner...
Views: 207   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 30, 2007 7:20am
by Jame
j
Jame
Away Day Idea
Howzabout - staying over in London and incorporating a show, like Mamma Mia? We could even pop over to Retro bar, but they don't always play Eurovision music.
Views: 293   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 26, 2007 2:45pm
by Anna
j
Jame
CD Fun
Now that I no longer have a coconut-flavoured Sword of Damacles dangling over me as regards this year's Eurovision songs, I have been getting into the CD for this year's Contest. One thing which always strikes me when listening to it is that Olivia Lewis' song wou...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2007 9:03am
by Jame
j
Jame
Ideas for next meet-up?
Where do we wanna hold it? I hear Belgrade has an arena which will seat several million. Do we wanna do anything special? Or just get a bit squiffed? Is there any legs on the idea of a NW fans' weekend away somewhere? Blackpool would be a good laugh, or even Br...
Views: 340   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 22, 2007 9:14am
by Merseymike
well, some quality made it through
Delighted that my three faves made it - Serbia, Georgia and Hungary And that no schlager and not much rock got through
Views: 321   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 21, 2007 5:28pm
by Merseymike
j
Jame
Your Predictions Analysed
Hello, After having a shufty at all your predictions from Saturday, I can reveal these wee nuggets. There are only seven countries out of 28 in the semi that nobody has picked as a qualifier. One of them is Montenegro. Everyone thinks Serbia will qualify....
Views: 337   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 17, 2007 8:07am
by Jame
i
Iain
Big Screen Eurovision
At least on the big screen I presume the scoreboard would be legible without the need for a photographic memory, binoculars and emergency redesign of the living room to ge the sofa right up next to the TV http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20367
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2007 12:22pm
by Iain
Estonia
was in Tallinn for two days - very nice a bit snobbish or buttoned up compared to Finland. Managed to see live Toit Koome and Maria Llius do their respective entries and other stuff. Also did a duet 'Sometimes when we touch' in Estonian! Also in the morning a g...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2007 5:27am
by littlejohnuk
j
Jame
Are you Irish? This will cheer you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKVLEiE2Qs4
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2007 2:12pm
by Jame
Hooray!!!!!
WE CAME LAST!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Maybe now RTE will stop being so bloody po-faced about the whole thing and send a song that actually has a chance of penetrating the staggering degree of bloc-voting (a pipe dream I know, but stranger things have happened) for...
Views: 238   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 13, 2007 11:53am
by Irish_ESC_Fan
Congratulations to SERBIA!!!
For the first time in years I pick a winner! And its good to see a really straightforward big ballad, sung by a non-glamorous singer who just got up and sang, win. No manic choreography, pyrotechnics - and just shows that a ballad can still make it to the top...
Views: 276   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 13, 2007 10:33am
by Jame
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Free Forum powered by Bravenet