General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ICELAND 2008

Hasn't Palmi Gunnarsson (ex member of Icy 1986) got old? How on earth did his song - a dreadful rock number - get through to the Icelandic final? Gleðibankinn it ain't. He's still grinning fit to split his face in half tho'.

Re: ICELAND 2008

He's probably smiling at the memory of the Bacofoil jacket.

OK, I've seen the performance of the Ho Ho Ho song and have difficulty believing the fans have got so excited about this piece of fluff. Actually the word 'fluff' is probably wrong as all the half-naked guys covered in gravy browning seem to have not a bit of fluff on their bodies. The girl singer clearly wasn't singing live, which makes me feel she must be absolutely crap & the song was way over the 3 minute limit. Whilst we all know that the concept of a 'song' contest is long over, it's a pity that the 'fans' are wetting themselves over a forgettable electro disco bore simply because of the backing 'musicians'. If you just listen to the studio version on the RUV website it makes you realise that it really is a very mediocre song. I've nothing against a bit of a show - I loved Silvia Night - but I feel possibly much better songs will be ignored in the Icelandic final simply because they are not as ridiculously OTT.

And once you get beyond December 25, a song called Ho Ho Ho is a little dated.

Didn't realise you could hear the snippets on the RU Veeing Served website. I shall have a shufty when I get home tonight. Or after I've watched Sarah Jane Adventures on Virgin Catch-Up.

Mr Mac is obviously not applying a vow of abstinence this year.

Certainly am! It didn't make the blindest bit of difference in my prediction abilities.

Certainly am NOT abstaining, I should say.