General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Congratulations to SERBIA!!!

For the first time in years I pick a winner!

And its good to see a really straightforward big ballad, sung by a non-glamorous singer who just got up and sang, win. No manic choreography, pyrotechnics - and just shows that a ballad can still make it to the top

Very much deserved - I'm just a tiny bit ecstatic!!

Re: Congratulations to SERBIA!!!

We had lots of texts at our party from people wondering why such a boring song had won.

Still, all part of the fun.

We had Scooch top - the performance really surprised me - thought it stood out a mile and was really professional, then Sweden and Latvia.

Shows what we Westerners know.

Oh I'm so made up about Marija winning - I haven't had my fave win since Katrina (a similar type of person as well!).

I was in the seventh row looking up at the 1-7 votes and thinking 7 that'll do.

At the end of the day an actual song won not a ringtone. Verka is fun but if you put it up against Molitva just by listening there is no comparison.

Oh how I'm glad i came early and got that signed CD booklet.

I thought Scooch were appalling - it looked like something off a kids TV programme.

The problem is that most UK voters have an attitude to Eurovision that simply hasn't kept up with the changes to the contest - Scooch is the sort of song that just wouldn't exist outside the contest, and I don't think that could have been said about any of the other entries.

Having a real song as winner will do the contest nothing but good - at least it proves that you can win without the 'big show'....

....and next to Scooch the horror of the night was Sweden! The Sweet were bad enough in the 70's without a tribute band....

Don't be so miserable, Homf!

We had guest in luminous safety vests waiting to guide Scooch along the runway to victory and good fun was had by all!