Let's Talk Bati......

A forum for all 'english-speaking' fans of Gabriel Omar Batistuta, which EVER team he's involved with!
Thanks to ALL fans for any 'Bati-news' and news about Argentina!

To make it easier to reply to posts, please don't start a new thread if there is already an existing thread related to your topic. Let's try to keep all the same news 'together'. Thanks!

Hosted by Katy...(assisted by Daryl, Linda, Mariela, Franca, Juan and Brigie)

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Re: ARGENTINA v Germany

Well, less than an hour to go... I'm nervous as hell!!!!

We're having another barbecue today, so I probably won't be able to post until much later... so GOOD LUCK everyone. It's really weird to be watching the match thinking of all of you doing exactly the same in so many different parts of the world!

Let's hope we'll ALL be celebrating at the end!

Oh....DAMN. Three goals for Germany now. We're gonna need a miracle.

But I can't deny it, Germany is structurally superb. Damn.

I blame the octopus.

After so long i still see the same Argentina, Argentina never learn, next WC must focus on defend,

I'm really sad to see Argentina lose, but this was the sort of game you have to accept losing. Germany was above and way beyond Argentina today. They were lucky to get an early goal (poor keeper work on our side), but on top of that they easily marked Messi and kept him out of the game. Tevez should get credit for excellent effort but he seemed alone in his strive. It pains me to say so but Germany very efficiently showed how a good collective can deny even the very best of individual players.

A sad day, but there's always Brazil in 2014.

I'm very disappointed but not mad because we were beaten by a better and classy team, if Germany go on and win the cup, they truly deserve it, twice! they've played brilliantly. If it's a consolation I'm glad Brazil are out too.

Now, let's go get that freaking octopus, I'm hungry!

Lol omg yes you all are right about Germany they played well Romero should have saved that opening goal and even though we pressed them at times ,I can't help but think how much I missed Cambiasso, Zanetti and Aimar but Tevez was great as was Higuain don't worry we have Copa America 2011 and Olympics 2012 ,Brazil would have conceded 10 goals against Germany somehow I felt Veron should have played in this game :( but guys I want to see Paraguay win it because of the Argentinian connection and their coach but it's a gamble I still believe they can but even though Germany played well we did not show them our best today and that was a shame I feel like someone stabbed me in the heart

I'm very sad because of my Selección... I never thought a bad match like this...

However, I have to say: GRACIAS MUCHACHOS!!!

PS: I hate the fucking octopus...

Can't believe it ??? This world cup looks so strange... all the big one are out ... do you think that this time they've decide to let win a country which never win before ?? The referees decisions looks so often strange!!!

I'm very sad for Argentina and all her supporters...

What a disaster. Credit to the Germans they played much much better than us. I am sad, but as Linda said we much accept this. No need in blaming anyone they were better on the day. I know we would always be a contender for any international tourna. Lets wait and see how we re-bound and focus on the Copa America 2011 and see how we can rebuild this team.

Forza Albiceleste.....Will always love you!!

No..no Argentina must learn, entertaining football not guaranteed success, if we good in attack why we can't even score single goal, end of the day the good tactic win... sometime mind game also show some result ...Grrrr, Podoslki and Klose already out shine at their very own league, but we do have the best best player in world? what happen? but one thing for sure i cant see who gonna replace Batigol....he is the best!! , every time Argentina meet European team the defender won....Why?why?

its really sad to see such game
German was better side
their long ball, short passing, crossing, 1-2 passing were great
Argentina did not have a proper play maker to control game flow ... Veron should have come in

This match reminds me that Zanetti and Cambiasso were not supposed to be dropped... This is the first match against a real world cup contender and all the truth is revealed

S. Korea, Greece, Nigeria and Mexico were not world cup contenders ...

Yes,we must accept it,but that doesn't mean we shouldn't blame anyone,ofcourse we should blame the AFA.Argentina has too many brilliant coaches like Jose Peckerman,Batista,and Gerardo Martino..look what he did with Paraguay,he was so close to beat Spain yesterday,imagine what he could do if he had players like Messi,Tevez,Aguero,Higuain,Milito,etc..
Maradona has just got his own life in order afew years ago,so he shouldn't have been assigned for such task,plus he has absolutely no previous coaching experience.We can't blame Diego,in fact we should thank him.We know he worked so passionately,and it was so risky and so brave from him to accept this assignment.
Yes,Germany is an incredible team,but WE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THAT BAD.I mean you can't play Germany with one mid-fielder !!! so,we can't blame the players as well.
THANK YOU MARADONA,I STILL LOVE YOU AND I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.
And now I ask myself,Is it really Bati's time now??..I hope so..but he's said before that he's not interested in coaching now.

Maradona will always be a great legend but i think what failed us yesterday was not using the 4-4-2 formation when I saw the starting lineups and the formation yesterday i was appalled cuz I knew from that moment we were doomed had he fielded the same squad that faced Nigeria and the formation we would have run out victorious it was ashame to watch Messi go back to defend Maradona should maybe stay on as a great motivator part of the AFA team but he did do well just made so wrong choices I do not know why Samuel didn't play maybe he wasn't fit or not but had he played those goals would never been conceded with him playing the 4-4-2 system ,the system would have created more chances for Messi and and Mascherano would have gotten help in the midfield when will we learn those Germans were not better than us again management let us down but c'est la vie.I am soooo sad words cannot express it but as Dar said we must hold our heads up high .Although I think Maradona should step down do the honourable thing we need a coach with tactical experience that is the only way would get results it was a matter of time don't get me wrong Maradona loves his country but he needs to realise his tactics were wrong and accept responsibility and step down let someone else take over we have Copa America in 2011 we are hosting the tournament we do not want to see a repeat of yesterday especially with that system he used .It was also evident we lacked a playmaker like Aimar and a defensive midfielder like Cambiasso and Zanetti was very important to our squad I hope I see them in 2011 this lost is killing me as we speak I cannot continue to watch the world cup esp after Paraguay's lost yesterday they played well though

I've lost my appetite, am sleeplees, am speechless ... am just not am for last 24 hours.

Replacing Otamedi with Pastore is what really killed us. It was 1-0 then. Instead of just replacing Maxi with Pastore !!

A flimsy defence and especially midfield cruelly and efficiently exposed by a well drilled German side. They would be justifiable World Champions based on their showings so far.

Who plays almost a 4-1-5 in modern football with 2 wingers in the midfield trio and 4 center-backs in the back 4? Train wreck waiting to happen. I think my love for Diego and passion for La Selección never blinded me. I thought it was destiny for the great player to coach them to victory.

Back to the drawing board for Argentina. Higuaín, Di María, Demichelis, Heinze, Maxi and above Messi all were simply embarrassing yesterday. Otamendi out of position, he looks like a lost scared kid out there at full-back.

Embarrassing result for my proud nation, I feel for my people and for some of the players. A team who has always prided themselves on skill + grit, showed neither yesterday.

It was not all Diego's fault at the end of the day. Although his foramtion was wrong yesterday but after first 20 odd scratchy mintues La Selección got settled in well and were actually unlucky not go out level at half time. La Selección came back after the half as they would buldoze, simply buldoze Ze Germans, they dominated and Ze Germans were scared. I thought we're gonna kill this tie but unfortunately we lacked the finish. Had we scored it would of been a different story. After we did not score dominating them and they came to score the second, it was game set and match Germania. We didn't show the character and that's my worry, that's every Argentino's worry, that's my nation's worry. We're not goona blame Diego but some of the players who underperformed and hurt our pride. Some didn't show the fight and character and yes WE never forgive those.

Well done Germans, modern/dynamic football with plenty of movement was the order of the day. Well done but don't forget we lacked that typical 'Argentino character' which everyone associates with us.

Diego, You kept me entertained and excited up till this game. Gracias! Maradona is awesome and i'm sure all of your fans enjoyed the ride. Winning the copa with Maradona as manager was just too good to be true in the end though sadly. Diego, thanks for everything, I didnt see him as sad as of yesterday. Am still in never ending tears! I can never see your face that way. I haven't forgotten 1990 and now it's again ..... am speechless!

PS - I never missed Zanetti, Cambiasso and Aimar. I missed Riquelme's play and his Argentino character only + chop Messi for La Selección. Is he a Messiah or a Mercanary?

PD - Cuando las papas estan por quemar, Argentina siempre las quema.... ---- Una LASTIMA .... Hablad mas alto, por favor.

Saludos,
Juan.

Juan darling Messi tried his best I still love him Maradona chose to experiment yesterday with that formation had Cambiasso,Zanetti and Aimar played we would have seen a different game he needs to step down fast before the Copa America comes or we are doomed . Why oh why he did not use the 4-4- 2 formation I do not know nobody knows but him when i saw the formation yesterday I thought what was he thinking I admire his love for Argentina but he needs to realise that he's not a good tactician and leave it to a more experienced coach I rest my case it was a disaster waiting to happen I can only imagine how you all must be feeling but Messi should not be playing so deep they had no midfield maybe the AFA should learn from this we need a tactical coach that is it and do not blame Messi and the rest of the team they tried their best they I still love Argentina and believe we will bounce back from this tragedy next time around Copa we will have it but Maradona sorry a Juan has to go in order for this to happen you need to be tactical when you're playing against Germany he showcased this in Germany he should have gone for that formation why whyyyyyyyy we could have won this is humiliating

True Bergie any how Maradona is too much depending on Messi.... i didn't like it when messi took the free kick while we have Maxi Rodriguez & Tevez i know if Maradona uses a different kind of formation (4-4-2) it would be possible for us to win the world cup.... bargie 2014 we'll be too long for me to wait ill be an old man but idk when will the world cup come back to argentina maybe after i die.... it has past we can't do anything....

When I saw Maradona at the press conference after the match,I felt like someone has stabbed me in the heart.When he said that he felt like he got a strong punch from Mohamed Ali,it was very obvious that the man admits that he made mistakes,and I had a feeling that he will change his way of thinking-although he used not to change his mind no matter what,but this time it's different,I've never seen him that weak,but I know he'll recover- and become more realistic.
I know many of you will disagree,but I think Diego should stay at least till the next Copa America.
Like Juan said,we enjoyed the ride,and we wanna enjoy another one.

Welcome Home!

Brigie, i do not want + do not need to argue and post the real scenario. Don't take it me vs you (vision). Said what i had to as a senior spokesman + read you, drop this for now. Am a professional not just a cyber follower/poster. From now on do not expect me to respond on anything which has no substance. Feel free to post anything of your 'own' vision. Leave the arguements for now, can you?

How're you by the way?

PS - Don't take it as a disrespect. You can understand am not in right mind or mood to do anything let aside a cyber arguement for nothing.
---

I was one of those thousands there to welcome them. Here are some of the pictures of their reception :

---

There could be thousand Peles, Ronaldos, XYZ'S and Messis but there is only one Diego. He was, is and always be the one and only.

Saludos,
Juan

Re: Welcome Home!

OK Juan but I am still very disappointed he didn't play the 4-4-2 .I can't eat , sleep do nothing I just want Copa America to reach so I can get some renewed hope, my cousin tortures me I even asked God why ?

Re: Welcome Home!

Photos kinda cheer me up a bit (thanks Juan) but the look on Heinze's face just breaks my heart

Juan

Diego, You kept me entertained and excited up till this game. Gracias! Maradona is awesome and i'm sure all of your fans enjoyed the ride..

We sure DID enjoy the ride. Maradona was the 'darling' of all the TV commentators here... they absolutely LOVED him!

Like all of you, I am very, very sad at the moment. I'm not going to comment on what might have gone wrong, or whether I think Diego should stay or go... that is for the Argentine Nation and Maradona himself to decide. But I AM going to say that I am so proud of the welcome back you gave your team and hope that it gave you a bit of the joy you so truly deserve.

I dunno Katy they're all brave cuz watching that video makes my cry all over again especially watching the players in the bus they loook so sad I can't stop is something wrong with me

Somebody save me from these Argie haters in my country I think I might murder someone I feel like 2002 all over again but not so worse cuz well did well until this game and the most important thing we had respect for the Germans Cannot say the same for Swinestager and Lahm they called all Argentines dirty that was just insulting why why God had to let these kind of people win why why ? I clutch my Bati jersey everynight I sleep ,what is wrong with me? I cry everyday I don't think I'm strong enough what is wrong with someone help me!!!!!!!

Know what?

Still no comments, Brigie. It would make you bitter which i do not want at all. Instead am posting some videos here.

1 - Diego -x- germania. Exclusively for you!

---
2 - Brasil's (not so) welcome back! Infact fans pelted them with stones, eggs, tomatoes and all sort of 'SOFT' objects as reported by local news agencies. Here's a video of it. They were most unkind at Melo :

---
Argentina's warm welcome in contrast! Diego's Argentina is an all time bed story now :

---

See the comparisons above to know the football culture. Who is the sore looser + bitter (be it players or the fans) as compared to our own Argentina ? Judge yourself .....

Re: Know what?

Thanks for that Juan it really shows how warm Argie people are and the Brazilian fans well they are only greedy but I like how Diego hugs the players I do feel sorry for him though but I have to put up with people in my country who constantly tease me about Argentina so I defend Argie forever how best I can I am glad the fans showed how much they love their players and coach it really says a lot for the nation and I believe they can win the Copa next year if it's one thing I'm confident for they get that and who knows we get the Conderations Cup and the World Cup all in a row don't forget we have to defend our Olympic Gold lol we will rise I believe it .I feel better watching these videos

Any news about Diego,Juan?? I heard he's resigned,is that true?

Thanks for the pictures and videos. I'm glad Argentina got a warm welcome home. They might not have won anything, but when all is said and done I'm grateful for the four great games we got. Like Katy said, Maradona was a hugely popular addition to the WC and I think even the objective supporter enjoyed watching the Argentine show. I'm proud of what they did, and so what if the Maradona touch didn't go all the way, it was a risk worth taking.

Well said Linda!

It's been nearly 2 weeks since that DREADFUL day, so I hope everyone's wounds are begining to heal a little, or are at least a tiny bit less painful.

I've been looking on YouTube for any videos to sum up the whole world cup experience. This seems to be the best one available, although I don't understand all the language, so I hope there is nothing that offends anyone.
Get your handkerchiefs out though, before you press play!

Warmest THANKS to whoever made the video!

1 2 3 4 5