Let's Talk Bati......

A forum for all 'english-speaking' fans of Gabriel Omar Batistuta, which EVER team he's involved with!
Thanks to ALL fans for any 'Bati-news' and news about Argentina!

To make it easier to reply to posts, please don't start a new thread if there is already an existing thread related to your topic. Let's try to keep all the same news 'together'. Thanks!

Hosted by Katy...(assisted by Daryl, Linda, Mariela, Franca, Juan and Brigie)

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
ARGENTINA matches in WC 2010

Let's keep all Argentina's matches in the same thread, at least for the group stages.

OK... I'm feeling the nerves already.
1st match... Argentina v Nigeria Sat 12th June

HERE WE GO!!!!!!

Re: ARGENTINA matches in WC 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...... OUR WORLD CUP TEAM!!!

Sergio Agüero

Mariano Andújar

Mario Bolatti

Nicolás Burdisso

Martín Demichelis

Ángel Di María

Ariel Garcé

Jonás Gutierrez

Gabriel Heinze

Gonzalo Higuaín

Javier Mascherano

Lionel Messi

Diego Milito

Nicolás Otamendi

Martín Palermo

Javier Pastore

Diego Pozo

Clemente Rodríguez

Maximiliano Rodríguez

Sergio Romero

Walter Samuel

Carlos Tévez

Juan Sebastián Verón

Handsome devils aren't they?

WORLLLLLDDDDDD CCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUP!!!!

OUR TEAM

Argentina -x- Nigeria

In the first game of Group B, against Nigeria on Saturday 12 at 11 am (my local time), Argentina would line up: Romero; Demichelis, Samuel, Heinze; Jonás Gutiérrez, Mascherano, Verón, Di María; Higuaín, Messi, Tévez.

Romero

Demichelis - Samuel - Heinze

Jonás - Mascherano - Verón - Di María

Messi - Higuaín - Tévez

Tactically 3-4-3 and at times 4-3-3 with Jonás out there but practically it would look like:

______________Romero____________

------______Demichelis_Samuel______Heinze_____

------Jonás----------------------______________

_____________Mascherano_____________________

___________________Verón_______________ --------

__________________________________Di María--________

___Messi_________________________________Tévez________

--------------Higuaín---------------------------------

Very good lineup in my opinion. We can always shift gears and can alter in to another system any time + with same squad (famous 4-1-4-1). That's the plan (kill the African team with speed and offence) and it's up to players now to execute it.

Bring it on, just can't wait.

Oid mortales el grito sagrado
¡Libertad! ¡Libertad! ¡Libertad!
oid el ruido de rotas cadenas
ved el trono en su noble igualdad

Ya su trono dignisimo abrieron
las provincias unidas del sud
y los libres del mundo responden
al gran pueblo Argentino ¡salud!
y los libres del mundo responden

Sean eternos los laureles
que supimos conseguir
que supimos conseguir
coronados de gloria vivamos
¡oh! juremos con gloria morir

Saludos,
Juan.

Re: Argentina -x- Nigeria

I'm so excited

We're here!

I'm watching South-Africa-Mexico now and S-A just scored. You tend to forget after four years how huge the WC really is, and I am now thouroghly remined.

Argentina - Nigeria tomorrow. The butterflies have awoken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkEl5GQPhc

ARRRGGGHHH!! My Team pics have gone!
OK... I'll sort that in a minute!

First of all... great videos Brigie! Really got me in the mood.

Juan, thanks SO much for the line-up, sounds good to me!

Linda, that video was Bati's goal v Nigeria! Let's have it on the forum for LUCK!!!

ALSO... here's a clip from a training video, shown on TV today over here in England, which shows the fun in the Argentinian camp!

OK.. I'm gonna try to post the team pics again. I guess I wasn't allowed to link the forum to the Official Team pics on the AFA site. The message, instead of the pics I posted, is basically 'Go to the AFA site to view these pics'. So I'll try another way... hope it works this time.
(PS I can't delete my previous post without affecting all the following replies, so I'm afraid it will have to stay! )

Also... here is Fadzil's Squad list!

Sergio Agüero

Mariano Andújar

Mario Bolatti

Nicolás Burdisso

Martín Demichelis

Ángel Di María

Ariel Garcé

Jonás Gutierrez

Gabriel Heinze

Gonzalo Higuaín

Javier Mascherano

Lionel Messi

Diego Milito

Nicolás Otamendi

Martín Palermo

Javier Pastore

Diego Pozo

Clemente Rodríguez

Maximiliano Rodríguez

Sergio Romero

Walter Samuel

Carlos Tévez

Juan Sebastián Verón

Hey GUys Thanks Katy and Linda .I was in world cup fever since six this morning :).I predicted the two results today and I will say that Argentina will win 2-0 tomorrow :) .Well if they get more that will be good lol
CUZ' THIS IS ARGENTINA TIME TO SHINE LOL

Above is what the game plan for tomorrow morning's game would be imo. Tévez in white is intentional (for the role he would have out there).

Can't wait for the game. 12 hours countdown to the first game.

Sleepo so good night for now, will definitely post here before the game and wish we all be smiling tomorrow at this point of time. Enjoy the game wherever you watch, best of luck amigos.

´*•.¸(*'´*•.¸¸.•*´'*)¸.•*´
• . * L a l a L a l a *.•
¸.•*´ ( ¸.•*´´*•.¸ )´*•.¸

¸.•*´V A M O S´*•.¸
´*•.¸ARGENTINA¸.•*´

Saludos,
Juan.

I CANNOT SLEEP HELP I'M 2 EXCITED I'M GETTING BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH HELP ME PLEASE

This Saturday will be very special for me... Eight years ago, 12/6/2002, Bati played his last match for Argentina, against Sweden (World Cup Korea-Japan)... When Argentina-Nigeria starts, I will be thinking of our Angel... I still miss him...

BATI, TE AMO!!! VAMOS ARGENTINA, CARAJO!!!

Jimena
This Saturday will be very special for me... Eight years ago, 12/6/2002, Bati played his last match for Argentina, against Sweden (World Cup Korea-Japan)... When Argentina-Nigeria starts, I will be thinking of our Angel... I still miss him...

BATI, TE AMO!!! VAMOS ARGENTINA, CARAJO!!!

I know what you mean. We'll always miss him, but it had to end. I don't think I've fully recovered from that match against Sweden, but I'm getting there

Anyway....just minutes to go now before Argentina meets Nigeria. The stadium looks awesome

1-0 to Argentina. An entertaining match, with less nerves than could be expected. I guess they were calmed by the early goal. What a superb goal by Heinze.

A decent effort by Argentina, but it looked a bit shaky in defence. Nigeria had some good chances. They looked well attacking, Messi is "one of a kind", but Nigeria had a good keeper today.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!The Nigeria goal keeper was SUPERB! Argentina would have won by loads if it wasn't for him! Enjoyed the match and was impressed with the team!

Didn't Maradona look strange in a suit?

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGEEEEENNNNNNTTTTTTIIIIINNNNNAAAAAAA MAJOR DEJA VU HERE
1. Exactly eight years ago as Jimena said
2. Another Gabriel header superb
3. Veron delivered both corners in 2002 and 2010
4. It was also their opening match in which they had numerous chances and the goalkeeper kept denying them

BUT WE WILL WINNNNNNN THIS TIME EVERYTHING FORZAAAAAA ARGENTINA

Katy

HE most definitely did, but not in a bad way. Our commentators actually made a point of how professional Maradona looked next to Lagerbeck (Nigeria's manager).
At the end of the day I doubt whether a grey dress can make any difference, but as far as it goes

We did play well and never looked scratchy at all. Perhaps we should have scored more and on another day it would of ended 4-0. It was a great tactical piece from Diego. Credit to him. He impressed me so much. Thumbs up!

See, he can never say no to the temptation of the ball touching his feet. Magico!

Argentina looked for the goal from the first minute and found it very early. Then they stayed in the back waiting for the chance of a counter-attack. Messi was the best player, brilliant in the speed dribbling, but no so precise when defining. Jonás Gutiérrez, Higuaín and Di María were the weakest players today but we still expect more from them, particularly Di María.

Di María had an off day and it's too natural having one. This boy is class and it was nerves of the occassion today. Better it was today and not in a cruicial game at knock out stage. He will come back hard. I have no doubts about his potential play.

Higuaín was a flop without any doubt. That's something i refered earlier (in other thread). He has a tendency to miss sitters and at big times he looses his nerves. I like him naturally, you know he is right from where i belong. But it's not about a bias when i talk of football. I (you know) even criticise River players and appreciate Boca players when it's due. Milito should start next game and Higuaín coming in as substitute would be something i want to see. Milito would be great in front of Messi, Di María and Tévez. He would be more useful in the dead ball situation any time. I trust Higuaín and may be he will get at least one more chance as a starter.

Mascherano was the anchor man and for me he was at top of his game all through 90 mintues. El Jefecito ... Thumbs up!

Jonás certainly was the weakest link on that right flank defensively. Infact he was exposed and the right flank was always in danger. Obasi made him look like helpless on some occassions. He was okey at the left side once he was off loaded from that right flank in the last mintues. He's a worker and a team man, i don't doubt his energy and passion but against a much decent opposition he would struggle even more and we COULD pay for these mistakes. Next game i wont mind him a starter but if he does show scratch than i rather want to fix it before the knock out stages and that is bring Burdisso in.

Tévez was excellent today. As i posted late last night (a pic with my idea of practical formation and tactics) Tévez's runs and play would be critical. I labeled it white. Apache's work rate was excellent. The runs, the pace, those dribbles and above all his work rate made me a proud observer. Thumbs up Apache!

Muchas gracias la Selección Argentina

Argentina face South Korea on Thursday 17, 8:30 am and close the group against Greece on Tuesday 22, 3:30 pm. The group doesn't seem to be very difficult but we have to play the games without thinking the job's done and they're pushovers. Diego knows it.

Saludos,
Juan.

News roundup, match reports, stats, videos and photos here

source: MySoccerPlace.net

Diego's dressing - off topic

Katy

Strange in a suit? No, Katy, no. Perhaps you have never seen him in a suit before or may be the world cup occassion - suited with booted rather than no 10 on his back. I'm posting pictures of different eras. He always is a prince Diego.

But still the one i, personaly love the most is the one under.

---

@Linda. Diego's favorite color btw was and is always grey ('suiting' time).

Saludos,
Juan.

Re: Diego's dressing - off topic

What the hell I keep predicting the score lines of the two previous matches with France and Uruguay and Mexico and South Africa well Argie didn't win 2-0 but 1-0 and now I predicted a 1-1 draw for the USA and England my luck is changing .I hope my prediction of Argentina winning it all better come through yes

Noticed Verón?

During and after the anthem Mascherano was full of emotion + during the anthem he had tears of emotion in his eyes. It made everyone here so very pumped up.

Did anyone else (too) notice that?

---

Verón ... But Verón belongs to another world. He showed it again.

Verón is playing his third world cup. Notice Verón in the team group shots before the kick off in all three in sequence.

Noticed sleepo? Diego now see him and please should not allow him partyng with "girlfriends and wives." ..

Re: Noticed Verón?

Linda hello :)

I am glad we showed we are indeed contenders.

I hope our finishing is clinical in the rest of games.

I felt at times the middle had to much running to do. I am not sure if we would do well against a team that packs 4-5 in the middle. I guess Diego the God would decide when that time arrives. For now I am happy what I saw I expect us to get even better.

Forza Argies

I found this video of Maradona taking free kicks

Here's where we met South Korea in 1986 WC

inspiration!

Brigie
I found this video of Maradona taking free kicks

GOD!

Ask yourself !

Re: inspiration!

Inez sent me a tweet saying that Bati was spotted at the opening ceremony of the World Cup. Thanks Inez.

• Video: Messi and Higuain on opening win

• Post match reports
  • Re: inspiration!

Hi Daryl. How are you?

Your new site looks great Jas. Thanks for the updates on the WC.

And love all the videos. Maradona seem in high spirit these days.

Hi Linda

I am fine thanks.

Jas /Inez ty for the wonderful shot.

Forza Albiceleste

Daryl

Oh, my God!!! Bati had to be there, obviously!!!

Many, many thanks for the pic and the video!!!

Look!!!

I've just found this video!!! Look!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNskWRtBSLA

Bati looked very glad!!! And he sent his best wishes for Argentina!!!

1 2 3 4 5