SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Marine radios / VHF radio

You are right, marine radios are illegal to use on land by the FCC. I’m a licensed ham radio operator and there are ham operators that live around the lakes of Virginia and North Carolina that has boats and they hear the hunt clubs on the marine frequencies so all it will take is somebody to say something to the FCC because they talk about them ever year about the hunt clubs hunting on marine frequencies on land but again use at own risk. I would call the FCC and get a VHF or UHF frequency so you will be covered, you can apply for how ever many radios that will be used under that frequency. (That will be your frequency nobody else) It’s a bunch of hunt club in southern Virginia that has gone to UHF to hunt on. They are putting mobiles in the trucks an getting handheld also. Works like a champ. My 50 cent worth.

Re: Marine radios / VHF radio

You are right, marine radios are illegal to use on land by the FCC. I’m a licensed ham radio operator and there are ham operators that live around the lakes of Virginia and North Carolina that has boats and they hear the hunt clubs on the marine frequencies so all it will take is somebody to say something to the FCC because they talk about them ever year about the hunt clubs hunting on marine frequencies on land but again use at own risk. I would call the FCC and get a VHF or UHF frequency so you will be covered, you can apply for how ever many radios that will be used under that frequency. (That will be your frequency nobody else) It’s a bunch of hunt club in southern Virginia that has gone to UHF to hunt on. They are putting mobiles in the trucks an getting handheld also. Works like a champ. My 50 cent worth.