SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Times have certainly changed

Deer hunting with hounds in Eastern NC has been a memorable and mostly pleasurable experience for me since I can remember. There was a time, less than 20 years ago, that land owners welcomed us Hunter’s as long as we respected their property at least where I live in Beaufort County. Folks, those people are dying out every year and our rights as dog hunters are in a fight for real! If u cherish this sport and u know a younger person u can take hunting with the use of hounds please do so soon! Make a memory that no one else can ever take away because honestly I see the handwriting on the wall.. It truly stinks to see things going the way they are without a drastic change! Sadly, my son will never experience some of the things I’ve witnessed in the deer woods with hounds! That adrenaline rush with a big buck crashing through the thicket with hounds burning it up in Full Cry is nothing to ever take for granted! I hope I’m very wrong and our sport will last much longer than I foresee.. I guess time will tell. Happy hunting everyone and be safe! GOD BLESS