Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Battling against an erection when life modelling

Spot on, Jeff. Sensible artists see nothing wrong if a model becomes erect; it is a central part of life. The artists I regularly work for are quite happy for nature to take its course. As I mentioned some months ago, I've just finished several sessions in Kent portraying the theme of crucifixion (the forthcoming body of work, when made public, will be entitled "Crucify Him") and the poses I had to adopt made tumescence inevitable.

I try to think of something mundane if I feel myself getting hard. That has been quite successful except for one time when I couldn't prevent it and it gegan throbbing. If anyone has tips on job to prevent it every time I'd be interested to hear about it

Masturbate prior to the session. Unless of course you think the artist(s) want you to get hard.

Never happened to me, or even remotely feeling like having an erection. Usually just concentrating on the pose or counting the time (I count seconds in my head for shorter poses, up to about 10 minutes).

Thinking about my ex wife would probably do it for me, lol.

The ancient Romans thought an erect penis was a symbol of good luck. They often used it on their houses. I used to work in museums, we had many pots with this symbol on it. One was on public display in Colchester Castle museum for years. It is probably in storage now...

I wonder who modelled for the Cerne Abbas Giant ? Probably the biggest erection in the world and only seen as positive which is kind of strange in the prudish UK, surprised thee are no attempts t cover up his erection !

I have noticed that a post on erections has got far more views than my drawings and photos of nude ladies. I am batting for the the wrong side here I think!