SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Drive Track 70/ Is It Worth The Money??

In your opinion is the Drive Track worth buying? Problems you are concerned with? Any better than just using the Alpha 100? Just curious and thanks.

Re: Drive Track 70/ Is It Worth The Money??

Just my opinion,it's what you want or need. I got the eleven inch tablet. I love the bigger screen. You also have the internet and a great camera along with tracking your dogs.

I would have to say it's worth the money, use one for deer hunting and love it.

I just got one a few weeks ago. Our season here in Florida just started so this was the first time I was able to use it in the woods. I like it overall, there are some things in my opinion I hope they will change, and hopefully the will in time. I would like to see the icons on the screen smaller. I run over 10 hounds and the Icons are big and cover a lot. It is hard to make out where they are easy, but its not difficult. I would like to be able to mark positions on the drivetrack with the drivetrack. From my understanding you can put them on there now, but you have to use basecamp and transfer them over. And again they said the Icons are so big, its not worth it yet. The birdseye is very clear. And I like being able to see so much area. If they were able to fix a few things on it, I think it will be great, and Im sure they will over time. I found myself looking at the handheld more than the drivetrack, and I had it mounted right next to each other. Im sorry to go on, thats just my opinion on what Id like to see. Ive emailed them a few times asking them if there were ways to fix these issues, they said they would inform the software engineers, so hopefully it will be fixed soon. Hope this helps

I USE MINE A LOT AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT. WELL WORTH THE MONEY.
    HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU

I just purchased one last week, and used it Friday and Saturday. I was very pleased! Just download Birdseye and turn it on. The unit syncs up to the handheld and you're in business. The picture quality was better than I expected, and although I was initially concerned about the smaller size of the unit (vs the larger tablets), I found the screen size to work fine for me.

A major plus (in MHO) is the wireless nature of the connection. I just keep one wire plugged into the back of the Drive Track that goes to my cig lighter - no separate wire to the laptop/tablet - no power inverter.

I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Thought you sold out the other month prob not worth the money if no dogs

Have 5 that I'm going to deer hunt if you must know and did not not get rid of my deer beagles. Now you know the rest of the story.

Wayne,

The "DriveTrack" is definitely worth purchasing. Absolutely love mine.
    Clarity & definition of "BirdsEye" is awesome.

Here are a couple of observations & recommendations.
    You cannot easily mark "way-points" & if you do, the "icon" is too big.
    The size, though not as large as a tablet, does give you a great view of the hounds and the map.
    There is a "tracking icon" which will automatically "zoom-in or zoom-out", depending on the location of the dogs.
    Being "wireless", the link between the Alpha & DriveTrack is seamless, when you walk away from or walk toward the DriveTrack, with the Alpha in hand.
    DriveTrack utilizes the 12 volt current from a cigarette lighter plug to operate, but does have a decent battery life when unplugged.
    You must have a "BirdEye" subscription to each device in order to download BirdsEye maps.
    You should purchase an 8GB mini-SD card for each unit.
    All of that said, Garmin has available this month, a mini-SD card for each state already loaded with "BirdsEye" for the entire state, to include property boundaries, with the "landowner of record" shown. These should be a great help, priced at $79.99 each, but one is required for each device. And a seperate "SD" card is required for each state. So if you hunt different states, then you would need to buy 2 for each state, in which you hunt!

Me personally, I am going to buy the state cards, which will eliminate the need to download "BirdsEye" maps for each area hunted!

Hope this information is helpful, and to everyone-----Have a great hunting season!!

Allan Bishop
    (Jabber Jaw)

Allan do they have the new sd cards in stock or coming later.Good hunting Larry

Is this new sd. card the Hunters view.I see Cabela's has some states but not VA.Found a site that sells what looks like all states 99 dollars.