SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Disease Control contacted me

This is Wensday I have the slowest mail in state I never get my chase untill after the 20th I do have a list of some of the antibiotics but were waiting for list to come in mail. not exactly sure if I wrote the correct spelling you all can see I cant spell any way . but heres what they said Trime sulfat---Amikacium---terta cycleen ---somethin called Dayhy---and the last one they said was gen -----something Animilan. thats the best I can do until the list comes. As Allways Wound Tight Stacie Robinson.

Re: Disease Control contacted me

Its friday night I got all my paper work today The killer is a bacteria called Chromobacterium violaceum. The drugs that will work or the bacteria is sensitive to are as follows---- Amikacin---Amoxicillin/clavulanate----Gentamicin---Caphalothin---Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole----Tetracycline. These are things you can give to prevent/help cure , if your dog gets it take to vet fast start on fluoroquinolones dont let dog dehydrate most of the helper drugs will dehydrate some fluid iv will suffice. I wish you all never encounter it again If you do feel free to call me more dogs have died from it than I will talk about . GA has not had a case this year FL has only 2 this year but had a good many last year . We are lucky as foxhunters in comunication there is no reason to be a loneranger concerning the health of our hounds, Take this list to your supplier and find you something your are comfortable with giving. Hope this helps someone. As Allways Wound Tight Stacie Robinson