General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Manchester get together - the Sunday before the contest (6th May)

OK, then, some of you know about this already, but, if you don't.

At the last Liverpool get together we all thought that it would be good to get together before the contest, and so we agreed on the SUNDAY before the contest itself - May 6th.

We usually meet at Churchills which should be fine unless anyone has a better idea, at about 2-ish, and I will definitely sort out somewhere to eat for those of you who want to come for a meal afterwards. The Indian place we went to last time was suggested (East'z'East) if that suits.

Anyway, by then we should have heard all the entries, oh , except Jame (who will almost definitely have succumbed by then) so bring your ESC_style points

One thing we all seem to agree on is that there's no 'obvious' winner...

So - see you on the 6th May!

Re: Manchester get together - the Sunday before the contest (6th May)

I'll be there

I'll come straight from bible class.

You can join in the debate Jamie - just do the scores with whether you like the country/like the name!

I'll operate the scoreboard. Though I think we should ask Keith Workhouses for permission to have fun first.

If I can get the Sunday off I shall pop along, failing that I shall get Lorraine Kelly to present my votes for me.

Oh, well, according to She Who Must Be Obeyed and her fan club, I don't do fun either, so its misery all the way

I'm up for that, but I'll be packing my fur hats, snow shades, and cadillac keys the same day.

Ooh Mike, have you upset she who must be obeyed?!

'Fraid so - with Harrow mixing it as well. They really are a bizarre bunch sometimes!

I may arrive dressed top to toe in PINK! Then again, have you seen the state of me??? Be very afraid!

Oh the dot crowd are just *insert adjective of choice here*...

Ms Vorderman, I shall hold you to your threat of wearing pink and if the wind changes you'll be stuck like that

I won't be there. If anyone near me has fun, I break out into a rash which then become weeping sores and I have to purchase a cream from my high street chemist to apply to my rotting flesh straight away, then insert a suppository.

A video of me doing just that is available for download from my website.

I won't be there either.

I only go to events which I have organised, where my word will be treated with the fawning respect that it deserves, and where my status as the most important ESC fan in the UK will be naturally accepted and suitably bowed down to.

I will NOT spend time with people who point out that I always make predictions before each contest which I later deny, and think I am a bossy cow, when I can instead commune with my adoring fan club who worship me and hang on my every word.

So there, northern scum.

Sunday

Not good for me - would have to get back for work on Monday so I wouldn't be able to have a drink or nuttin'

Was looking forward to that too - sad now

Sometimes they are on Saturday, sometimes on Sunday....

So why not have it on a FRIDAY?????

If in doubt.......... as the saying goes..... DO IT ON A FRIDAY!!

They are occasionally fun as well - so I've been led to believe.

Are we still meeting at Churchill's at 2? Details, I want details lol.

I shall be doing an interview with Andrew Edwards from ALL FM at 12 www.allfm.com - it's the artbeat programme.

Hi John. Yes, we are - really not much more detail than that. Drinkies at 2pm, curry at 5-ish for those who want it!

Would people like to do a mock-voting this year? I'll send an email around the whole group but feel free to respond here.....

Of course - let the mock voting begin it's part of the yearly calendar!

1 2