Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why do we do it ??

An interesting question indeed, what is the the motivation of models? With 45 years of experience of life drawing both as an artist and very occasional life model, most of my models have done it for the money. Some wanted the experience as well, but I have never met a model who did it for sexual reasons.

The big problem with life drawing is the nudity involved, this leads to many problems. Unfortunately, we are soon in the realms of sexual fantasy here. Many people like the idea of posing nude, but when it comes to actually turning up at a class they bottle out and don't turn up... (called "cold feet" in the trade).

I have advertised for models on the Internet for 20 years now, I get very few genuine replies. Of the few replies I do actually get, about 95% turn out to be complete timewasters. This is absolutely true, but nobody believes me! They think I have dozens of teenage models turning up to pose nude for me... This is a load of old bull, and if you doubt me try posting an advert for yourself.

Re: Why do we do it ??

Very interesting question Rob. I model for some of the reasons you mention. I became a part time naturist a few years ago and being a Life Model is, for me, being nude in a positive environment, where nudity in the Uk, in public, is not normally that acceptable. The money is not the motivation, at £15 to £20 per hour it is not significant - for a 2 hour session likely to be at least 3 hours of time and with travelling costs on top. I do find it empowering and agree to an extent about being exhibisionist but not at at sexually arousing. Just love being nude ! Picking up on Jeff's point about finding models, as a model I contact a lot of Life Drawing groups and they never reply to me, so frustrating from the model side too !