Return to Website

South Devon Soccer Forum

South Devon Soccer Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: Kevin Gidley

In reply to the majority of comments on here, the game of football you are referring to started off as a very good game of football. Unfortunately the re made a bad decision again the home team, as a visiting guest I was also shocked at this decision, but after all he is the Ref. After this decisions made both ways neither side would ease up on the ref. Having watched football for years I did find it bad practice for a ref to spend more time disagreeing with the side line rather than watch the football. I did hear a member of the public give some good advice at half time as to it would be more beneficial to watch the game instead of argue with players and spectators. I did feel it was harsh that the opposing team had two players sent off and what started off as a good game of football quickly went wrong.
In defence of Ipplepen in my own opinion the did get the short end of the straw.
Being a ref means you will with out fail upset at least half the players on the pitch that day. To call players and ref's 'morons' is for me as bad behaviour as anything else.
The ref is allowed a bad day at the office once in a blue moon, but at the end of the day from the minute the whistle has blown till the time the game finishes it is his job to show composure and restraint.
The home side of Ipplepen, showed us all a warm welcome and left all their issues on the football pitch when the game as over.
A team with spirit should never be knocked and I wish Ipplepen at the best.

My title