VP-21/ VPB-111 Veterans Association Message Board and Discussion Forum

none

VP-21/ VPB-111 Veterans Association Message Board and Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New England

Well, it's about that time again. Time to fly into PVD, drive to Brunswick for a couple of days. This time we will visit Cook's Lobster and enjoy, then on to Land's End for some gifts. Next stop will be Bar Harbor for a couple of days.

We're planning on taking the ferry to Nova Scotia for a couple of days. A friend is supposed to meet us at the dock. We plan on taking the rental car with us??? Sounds like a fun trip. Jack

Re: New England

Jack,

Hope you have a great time in NE and NS.. We missed you at the reunion, and you missed a great reunion.

Cook's is still a great place for lobster. We stopped there and had a great meal. But the best place for a lobster roll is still to be found in Brunswick at "Fatboys", and the best breakfast is still at the Brunswick Diner.

Frank

Re: Re: New England

Hi Frank,
Sorry I had to miss the last reunion. I'll just consider my trip to Brunswick my reunion. How well I remember Fatboys. It's funny, when your stationed somewhere, you never see all the tourist attractions.
It takes a trip back there as a tourist.

Case in point. We have lived in San Diego for 35 years. On several of our visits back to Levittown, LI, we were the tourist, visiting the Empire State Bldg. and several other tourist sites.

While growing up back there, and being stationed at Lakehurst, NJ, we never did any touristy stuff. Good hearing from you. Take care, Jack 1958-1961

Re: Re: Re: New England

Jack,

Seems to be a common occurence. My wife Nancy is from West Hempstead, LI, and she had never visited the Empire State Bldg. either until I came along from Dayton. Still haven't visited the statue of Liberty yet either.

Frank

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Frank,
Sorry I had to miss the last reunion. I'll just consider my trip to Brunswick my reunion. How well I remember Fatboys. It's funny, when your stationed somewhere, you never see all the tourist attractions.
It takes a trip back there as a tourist.

Case in point. We have lived in San Diego for 35 years. On several of our visits back to Levittown, LI, we were the tourist, visiting the Empire State Bldg. and several other tourist sites.

While growing up back there, and being stationed at Lakehurst, NJ, we never did any touristy stuff. Good hearing from you. Take care, Jack 1958-1961

Re: Re: Re: Re: New England

Frank,
Funny you mention the Statue of Liberty. I was there once when I was six. This Thursday I have to start making motel reservations. Yesterday I checked with Budget and Hertz rentals.

Unbelievable high prices. Maybe I can do better using AAA or AARP???? Maybe high to me because I haven't rented a car the P'Cola Reunion. I can taste the Lobster now. Jack