Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Discussion on Life Modelling

I fully support that, and I offer my best wishes to Alan.

Hi Shaz.
It's Al Ya Pal x.
You are one of the busiest bodies on the forum.
Thanks again for your participation in this project.

I am still coming to terms with my situation today.
Thanks for your newsletters along with Kenneth.

Please keep up with your input.
I am trying to upgrade the website over this coming winter.
But for now do take good care of all, your family and crew.
Regards. Alan at Art Nude UK X

My "virtual" modelling on Zoom is keeping me fairly busy. I am saying more on this in my Summer newsletter.

Speaking of Zoom, I had an interesting request from Bill Garland yesterday: he asked me to pose naked except for a white facemask. He thought that the effect of covering the mouth gave greater prominence to the expressiveness of my eyes, enhancing the sensuality of the pose....

Dear Al my Pal, and Ken,
Sorry for my late reply, have been modelling in a sense at The Art Academy London for Portrait with the lovely Charlie Schaffer and Bridget the other model posing with me, as always a lovely experience, considering these strange times, as long as you abide by the rules, everything is fine thanks, glad Ken you had a good experience on Zoom with your friend Bill Garland, sounds very interesting wearing a mask.
Glad all is well with you Al, do think about you. Hoping you are coping with life generally, we are here for you if you need a chat, so sorry i neglected being on here.
All the Best,
Shaz xxx

Hello Al my Pal and Ken, & All,
Had a lovely time modelling for portrait with Tim Benson at The Art Academy London, also it is nice to be involved with the artist in person, such a good feeling thank you.
Al have emailed my Summer Newsletter okay ?
Thanks to everyone on here.

Hello everyone,
Things are slowly getting back together, which is good, hope everyone is feeling well ?
No bookings yet but i am sure i will get some at some point. life carries on just about.
Keep in touch you lovely people i am here for you all.
Warm Regards Sharon xx

Sharon Smithers
Hello everyone,
Things are slowly getting back together, which is good, hope everyone is feeling well ?
No bookings yet but i am sure i will get some at some point. life carries on just about.
Keep in touch you lovely people i am here for you all.
Warm Regards Sharon xx
Bookings are now starting to come through for the remainder of the year. These include sessions for a life drawing group in Chester which will involve being naked except for a facemask, and it looks like this will be the general requirement whilst the virus is still seen to be a threat. I must say, I do find the concept quite sensuous - redolent of the masks worn by the odalisques in middle eastern harems of yesteryear. And the same will apply to bodycasting sessions coming up in Manchester later in the year.

Thank you Ken much appreciated merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year 2021 hope it is better next year ?

Best Wishes to Alan Reynolds, Ken and all our other members on this fantastic group, what a year it is has been, one we will not forget, and thinking of those of you who have lost loved ones through this pandemic.
Keep safe and well ! Be positive, next year is another year, hope fully not so harsh as this one.
Merry Christmas and A Happy 2021. Sharon Smithers contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com

Let's hope that things do get better in the coming year and that members of the life drawing community do their best to help each other in getting work. And to encourage new recruits to nude modelling!

Looks like the gloom and doom of another lockdown is on the way. Anyway, despite all the difficulties, life modelling still carries on in one form or another. Just before Christmas, I had a message from a guy who said he was the co-host of a "drag and DJ games show" and he was going to be live streaming to players all over the world the next evening. As part of the process of the show, a games wheel is spun which determined which games will be played, and one of them was going to be life drawing from the nude! He asked me if I was interested, and it would involve sending him a ten minute video of myself in two discrete poses, one front view and one back view. I said I would be delighted to help. I was staying with Bill Garland at the time, and he set up the gig for me, laying me out on a modelling table and using his iPhone. Success, and I was very well rewarded for the work.

Yet another lockdown, and like a grotesque version of groundhog day, everything is a reprise of last year. Once again, I am self isolating, permanently naked but this time under the aegis of Bill Garland as his domestic muse. My modelling gigs, such as they are, are now on either zoom or videos, using the studio Bill has created in his garage, with well arranged lighting and a modelling table. Bu I do miss the atmosphere and interaction you get with a proper life class "in the flesh." May those days return soon!

Hello everyone,
Sorry i have neglected you, i have been not busy with life modelling like Ken, I have just been a housewife really, I so miss life modelling, life is so different now, will we ever get back to interaction life classes again ? I do hope so !
Everything is so different now i am coping and do not have mental issues.
There must be people out there suffering, if anyone on here needs to talk about their problems, please send me an email to shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thank you Sharon Smithers.

I started doing life modelling to get some confidence about myself. As I have arthritis it can be difficult but I find it enjoyable overall. Personally I find some artists treat the model with disdain. Hen-do's are more fun as a more relaxed atmosphere. Where I live, it is more difficult to get work as a lot of artists seem to prefer females.

Hello Everyone, Well hope everyone is ok ? Had my first vaccination a week or a couple of weeks ago, which is a relieve, my next one is due in June. Hurray. A way forwards instead of backwards we hope, and i guess and hope life drawing classes will come back again, fingers crossed i feel so useless not doing my work.
It is good we have this lovely group to keep us going, respect to Alan Reynolds who created this group thank you.
if you need to contact me relating to life modelling or work please go to shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thank you Sharon Smithers.

Hi Sharon - good to read your message, and same as you, I cannot wait for all the restrictions to be consigned to memory so that we can get on with the thing we enjoy most, namely life modelling before an appreciative group of artists. I do really miss the unique atmosphere of the life class: the smell of charcoal or paint, the concentration of the artists, the sheer pride in offering one's naked body in the cause of good art. I have been doing some zoom and video work, but it is not the same as the interaction you get in a proper life class setting.

Have you been watching the life drawing series on Channel 4 called "Drawers Off", which comes to an end this Friday? As it goes out in the late afternoon, the "naughty bits" on the models are covered up, but a reasonably entertaining programme all the same.

Dear Ken,
Thank you for your kind input, i have not watched Drawers off as i feel it takes our life modelling work away from us , so sorry to say that. Anyhow please can you Ken contact Alan Reynolds on 07971356252 thank you regarding our newsletters,
thanks again Ken.

hi all,
well it is good to be back actual life modelling, onwards and upwards is what Alan Reynolds says, all is good, have been modelling for Kent Adult Education with Sarah Fagan for 5 Fridays, Roy Eastland for a couple of Wednesdays, and Kim Plowright for two Tuesday nights, it is so lovely interacting with the lovely artist and tutors. seen some great drawings of me it is such a compliment.
Still have bookings coming in. Hope all this lasts, fingers crossed,
thank you for reading this contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com:grinning:

Hello everybody,
hope you are all well ? I am thank you .
I forgot to mention someone rang me needing life models on Biggin Hill here is her number if interested to model for her.+447985982322 ok folks ? Thank you Sharon you can contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com

Hi Everybody and especially Sharon. I am delighted that the good old days of proper life modelling are starting to return for you. As for me, I have ben asked to model for more sessions at the Wellcome medical school in Dunham Massey - this is for tuition in the musculo-skeletal field, and also for students to familiarise themselves with the characteristics and structure of the naked human body. In the same genre, I have also been signed up by their photographic faculty to model for a video demonstrating exercises designed for people afflicted with spinal problems such as stenosis - I was asked if I had any problems about performing them nude - you can guess my response!
I am still getting a fair amount of virtual nude modelling work - not just via Zoom, but also using Microsoft Teams and Google Meet. Bill Garland has gone to the trouble of adapting his cellar as a studio for this, with proper lighting, a table for laying down poses, and some accoutrements for BDSM type poses for those who specify that kind of thing. And I have had the promise of conventional modelling work once the lockdown is (hopefully) consigned to history.

Hi Alan, Ken and everyone on this wonderful group,
It is good to be back to what we love to do, life modelling, I am glad you have been busy Ken too, it is such a compliment to see lovely drawings of oneself.
Anyway I am back at beach creative in Berne Bay tonight Tuesday and Thursday night at Class Art Whitstable, what a relieve ! Onwards and upwards !
Thank you Sharon contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com ok ?

Well done Shaz!

As I've mentioned before, I am unique in being the only life model belonging to the Society of Catholic Artists; as such, one of their leading members, Kieran Hindley, has commissioned me to model for the crucifixion of St Peter to coincide with the eponymous Saint's feast day on 29th June. I have no fears about being hung naked and upside down, as I have been there before.

I forgot to mention in my last message that the email address I quoted in my last NW newsletter is no longer valid. I can be contacted instead on kenfahy.666@hotmail.co.uk, also 07890 661717.

Well Done Ken !
Things are definitely moving on with the life drawing/ life modelling world at last, i have still bookings coming in which is amazing. at Class Art Whitstable tonight with lovely Keith Robinson and artist, Wednesday next week with Roy Eastland,
spoke to Alan Reynolds the other day and he is ok, which is a great relieve, onwards and upwards for him.
Thanks for reading this Sharon xx email me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com ok folks ?

I'm getting more work courtesy of the Society of Catholic Artists. They are also participating in setting up Zoom life drawing sessions, in conjunction with the RA, and I have been asked to model for them. Refusal not accepted, they say!

I am to do religious themes, concentrating on Christ's crucifixion and burial. Sessions would feature stations of the cross, carrying the cross, being fastened to the crucifix, deposition and entombment. This would start on a Saturday in July, probably taking much of the day.

Good for you Ken well done things are looking up for me too, tomorrow at Broadstairs College with Daniela Flowerdew, probably clothed as the students are 16 years old, which is no problem, on the 23 of June with Roy Eastland at Margate Adult Education in the morning, it is always a pleasure working with him, so many lovely drawings of me from his class, then Beach Creative in Herne Bay on 29th of June an evening class as is the Broadstairs College one. It is so good to be back in the world of life drawing and sitting for great artist what a hoot ! Thanks for reading this contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com Sharon x

Hi all,
Well it has been great modelling for different groups in and around Kent, all the artist are wonderful, I do hope I get more modelling work before September, fingers crossed, it has been another strange year, but not as bad as last year.Thankful for what we have !
If anyone is suffering with issues and needs to talk email me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com. Ok ? Thanks for reading this Sharon xx

I actually did my first outdoor nude photoshoot session on Saturday. A good experience overall. It seems that more opportunities are becoming avaialable despite the ongoing Covid issues

Well done Graham , sorry spelt your name wrong, glad you had a good photoshoot in the open !
Things are definitely getting better I am working in Ramsgate tomorrow with Spee, should be interesting
She did want to pay me £10 an hour so I have asked 15 pound per hour for two hours, is that out of order, I do have to use public transport, as I do not drive.

I did a session last week and only got £10 per hour. Think you are quite right to ask for £15 per hour.

Hi All,
Well I did the session in Ramsgate, and it was brilliant, did some great poses and got paid £30, which was an added bonus, I daresay she will pay me £20 in the future as that was what she Spee advertised it at on a FB group, and I am not on any social media anymore, which is a great relieve to me.

Hello All,
Life is sweet at the moment, had plenty of life modelling work, with Keith Robinson, twice, which is great, did the 5/ 10 minute warm ups, then 15/ 20 minute sitting poses till break, after break did a longer sitting poses, at one session Keith did a demonstration on drawing in another way, which was interesting.
Next Tuesday evening on the 17th of August at Beach Creative in Herne Bay, which will be fun, like most of my sessions.
Well must move on now, if you need to contact me please do on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thank you Sharon Smithers.

Hello all,
Boy what a week I have next week Tuesday 14th of September at Broadstairs with lovely Lorella for probably a two week pose naked, in the evening at Canterbury adult ed with Kim for a life drawing class, again on Friday morning too. Wednesday and Thursday morning at Margate adult ed with wonderful Roy Eastland ! What a week that will be , tiring but I will survive !
Any comments welcome just email shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thank you.

Hi all,
Hope everyone well ? I am thanks.
Well I survived last week which is great, lovely artist and lovely drawings by all wonderful groups.
This week I have only Tuesday morning at Broadstairs , evening at Canterbury adult ed with Kim Plowright, the morning is with Lorella Tudor, Thursday evening at Class Art with Keith Robinson, and Friday morning with Kim Plowright again in Canterbury. All good groups.
Had an article written about me and my hubby in the Whitstable Whistler that is out now.
Any comments welcome please email me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thank you Sharon.

Hello All, Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022, hoping it will be better next year, fingers crossed. Onwards and upwards I hope.
Well I have had quite a busy year life modelling, which is great, last week was at Keith Robinson's Class Art Thursday evening, did 5/10 mins warm ups, 2 sitting 15/20 mins break, and long sitting till end of session. Great work great drawings.
Tomorrow night and morning at Deal life drawing in the morning, Herne Bay Beach Creative in evening, my last sessions of the year. It has been a good year for modelling I must say, been everywhere I can travel to.
Keep well and safe.
shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thanks for reading Sharon xx

Hello everybody, I just wanted to say what a year it has been, after doing my last two sessions last Tuesday at Deal and Herne Bay, it was such a pleasure working for those 2 venues, as always, I have bookings next year hopefully they will go ahead, fingers crossed.
Let's hope it is a better year than the last two.
Keep Well and Safe, enjoy your Christmas and New Year 2022,
Best Wishes to Alan , Ken and other members of this wonderful group,
Sharon if you wish to contact me please do on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thank you.

May you have a Merry Christmas and a successful and happy New year, Sharon - and equally to Alan and all members of ANUK.

I sincerely hope the fact that Covid does not seem to be going away does not cause more problems for the life art community in the coming year. I've been lucky in getting a number of gigs as the current year draws to a close, with more in prospect for 2022. And modelling on Zoom is playing an increasing role, especially from individual artists specifying a range of different poses, some quite unorthodox and uninhibited.

I am always available for bookings, and can be contacted on kenfahy.666@hotmail.co.uk.

Happy new year to everyone and to Alan & Ken. May the New year be a better on hopefully.
I have been in demand for various groups in Kent thankfully in 2021, may it continue into 2022.
Best wishes
Sharon shazsmithers2020@gmail.com contact me if needing a model thank you.

Hello all,
Another year, another new beginning I have had lots of bookings so far this year , which is great, hope it continues like that. It has been a tough couple of years with the carona virus, let's just hope it goes, or stays and keeps us on our toes.be careful, abide by the rules then we can all be safe. Fingers crossed.

A start of another year and have been busy with Kent adult education , in Canterbury with Kim Plowright for a couple of weeks, on and off with Roy Eastland at Margate, have a couple of Tuesdays at Broadstairs Adult education with Lorella Tudor. Had a session at Margate Baptist Church in the evening with Emma and artist. A good session with lovely artist as with most groups.Tomorrow night at Class Art in Whitstable with Keith Robinson.
Having found I have arthritis in my knee my left knee so have physiotherapy. So hopefully I shall get it better in time. And I am still life modelling which is great.
Thank you for reading this contact me shazsmithers2020@gmail.com Sharon Smithers

I'm still around, and modelling in the North West! Sharon, I'm delighted that you are also being kept busy with more modelling jobs, especially as far afield as London. You are a credit to the life drawing community and I wish you every success.

Baring my body on Zoom continues to play a large proportion of my work. Many in the life drawing world don't like it because it discriminates against those with no access to the internet, but then it has helped many struggling art groups to keep going - and in particular, it opens up life drawing to people who want to have access to a nude model but can't because they live somewhere remote and isolated. Such as folk I know in the Scottish Highlands! Much of my Zoom efforts are for individual artists, many from far afield and, indeed, other continents. I have been sought after by artists from South East Asia, Australia, Mexico, North America - the internet knows no boundaries! Albert Lee has converted space in his property into a studio especially for Zoom. This includes spotlights, a table, mirrors, a podium, a crucifix, facilitating whatever poses are required - dynamic, unusual, BDSM, whatever. The table has a metal top, so we have to get it warmed up beforehand with a couple of hot towels to take the chill off.

If anyone wants me to pose for them either live or on Zoom, I can be reached on email kenfahy.666@hotmail.co.uk

Another batch of sessions using Albert's table is for a Professor running a course entitled "Practical Anatomy for Artists". Each class concentrates on one specific area of my body: neck and shoulders, spine and upper torso' gluteal and pubic areas; legs and feet. Not entirely on Zoom -about half a dozen students attend, making for a more traditional atmosphere.

Dear Ken and all members on Art Nude,
So good you are reaching out on Zoom, how amazing is that, I take my hat of to you.
You are becoming quite famous, well done.
I have been busy modelling with usual groups in Herne bay at beach creative, Class Art in Whitstable on Thursday night, and sat for Roy Eastland at Margate Adult Education, which is very good.Next week I am at Deal life drawing at the Astor Theatre, for an evening class, which is a buzz, but it is slowly easing off, as Easter approaches.Hey ho !
Thanks again Ken.
You can reach me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com
Thanks for reading this Sharon Smithers.

Well done Sharon, you are an exceptional model and a credit to the life modelling community.

This coming Friday - Good Friday - is an important day for me as it is the day when I am going to be crucified once more, as part of a very realistic passion play, and playing my customary role of St Dismas, the Good Thief. Naked and glistening with oil, it will not be easy for me, and I won't deny that I will be terrified. The proceedings will be video'd -the preliminary mortification of the flesh, being tied to the cross and all the humiliations done to me, the agonies during the crucifixion, the deposition, and the washing of the body in the tomb afterward and its disposal.

More to follow.

I have been Life Modelling now for about 2 and a half years. I don't really now why I decided to become a Life Model but thought I would give it a go. I have been a naturist for a few years so being nude doesn't concern me too much. It is a challenge on long poses but kind of go into a trance like state. Like shorter poses to do more dynamic poses
I like being nude in a positive way and get satisfaction from the artists enjoying drawing me. I have modelled for Bucks Adult Education, Studio at 140 - Harrow, Queens Park Art Centre - Aylesbury, Chorleywood Community Art Centre, and a photoshoot at St Martins College of Fashion - London. I have booked to do some sessions at Reading College in May.
I can be contacted on Pcholmes30@hotmail.com.

Dear Peter, and other members of this fantastic group, including Alan and Ken,
It is so good to hear from you, about your life modelling experience, you sound as if you enjoy it as much sack do.
As you say when you pose you go into a trance situation as I do , I go completely out of it with nothing on mind, just focusing on the pose. It is something to behold, and holding the pose is much easier.
Thanks Again Peter, Alan & Ken and all you other members.
Please contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com Sharon Smithers.

Well, it was nice of some readers of the Forum to get in touch with me and to find out how I endured being crucified on Good Friday, and could I say something about it on our website. One of them is a figurative artist from West Malling, who specializes in homoerotic themes - and in his opinion, there is nothing more homoerotic than the crucified male nude; St Sebastian being one example. He thinks I'm ideal for what he has in mind, which is a project on the theme of crucifixion, but more on this when he has developed his ideas.

One thing was the austere bleakness of the crucifixion site, an old tin mine on the edge of Dartmoor, an isolated spot if ever there was one. So there I was, secured by rope, uncomfortable but bearable to begin with. Being tied by my wrists wasn't that bad, nor by my feet. But eventually, the pain began; the rope dug into my wrists, so in order to ease the pressure I pressed up my legs, but this didn't help much, but compensation came from the tiny little ledge for my feet - this was invaluable in keeping me going. All told, being up there on the upright, about 15 metres in the air, felt like eternity, but quite hypnotic as pheremones helped assuage the muscular pain as they kicked in. I'll say no more about it, except that it's an experience not recommended for the fainthearted, or to be tried at home.

Dear Ken ,
Well done I don't know how you do it, you are amazing , it must of been a great location. I am glad it went well.
Fortunately I have been busy to with life modelling in various areas of Kent, Margate, Herne Bay , Deal, Whitstable to name a few. It has been great. But on May the 3rd I was working at Deal life Modelling in Morning and Herne Bay, beach creative in the evening, during the day had a tickley cough all day, it was unbearable, also my husband and I was seeing our German friend Rainer who was staying the night, on his way home to Germany. I survived all that just about, and when he left, I took a covid lateral flow test and was positive, so couldn't go to my husband's brothers funeral and in isolation for 5 days ! What a bother, having to cancel work on Monday at Tempel Ewell in Dover with the lovely Anne Courtney. How quickly it catches you out. thanks for reading this Sharon, contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com .

KENNETH FAHY
Well, it was nice of some readers of the Forum to get in touch with me and to find out how I endured being crucified on Good Friday, and could I say something about it on our website. One of them is a figurative artist from West Malling, who specializes in homoerotic themes - and in his opinion, there is nothing more homoerotic than the crucified male nude; St Sebastian being one example. He thinks I'm ideal for what he has in mind, which is a project on the theme of crucifixion, but more on this when he has developed his ideas.

One thing was the austere bleakness of the crucifixion site, an old tin mine on the edge of Dartmoor, an isolated spot if ever there was one. So there I was, secured by rope, uncomfortable but bearable to begin with. Being tied by my wrists wasn't that bad, nor by my feet. But eventually, the pain began; the rope dug into my wrists, so in order to ease the pressure I pressed up my legs, but this didn't help much, but compensation came from the tiny little ledge for my feet - this was invaluable in keeping me going. All told, being up there on the upright, about 15 metres in the air, felt like eternity, but quite hypnotic as pheremones helped assuage the muscular pain as they kicked in. I'll say no more about it, except that it's an experience not recommended for the fainthearted, or to be tried at home.
That certainly sounds an uncomfortable session Ken, Don't know I could do it.
I have a few sessions booked over the next couple of months, 2 sessions at Reading College which is new to me, 2 at Bucks Adult Education in Chesham, Queens Park Arts Centre, Aylesbury and at Chorleywood Community Art Centre. Should be good.

Well Ken you are amazing well done I couldn't do it, or perhaps I could who knows ?
Thankfully I am better now , did my 5 days of isolation and recovered.
On Tuesday night worked with lovely Kim Plowright at Canterbury Adult education, which was amazing, I did feel tired once back at home
Tomorrow morning I am there again, which will be fun. Then I have a week off, afterwards at Tempel Ewell in Dover on the Monday morning, then at Deal life drawing Wednesday evening.
All ones to look forward too.
I think all life models should be remembered for all their hard work, and dedication ! What do you think ?
Contact me on shazsmithers2020@gmail.com thank you Sharon Smithers.

Sharon, I am well pleased that you are now feeling better, and that you're back doing what you do best, namely modelling for life drawing. And I fully agree that the hard work put in by life models in celebrating the beauty of the nude human body should be remembered.

I'm taking the train down south next week to meet up with the artist from West Malling who wants to use me in his crucifixion project, so I hope to say something about it when I come back. His principal inspiration is the beauty, purity, submissiveness and symmetry of the crucified nude; he tells me I have an interesting body, and he sees me as the ideal model for what he wants to achieve.

Good for you Ken you are amazing ! I am much better now, although it was a shock to the system. Have a good session at West Malling.
All the best Sharon
I did have 3 great sessions last week with Kim Plowright, at Canterbury Adult Education. Tuesday night we did tone , with charcoal. A brilliant group, great drawings. Then on Friday I did a morning session similar to Tuesday evening, lots of great drawings, lovely group that said they loved me, and said I was a cracking good model. Friday afternoon drawing with 3 colour pencils red, blue and black, another great session. Working again at Tempel Ewell with Anne Courtney on 23rd of May, I had to cancel last session , because of covid. Looking forward to it.On 25th of May at Deal life drawing at the Astor Theatre in the evening. Thank you for reading this . Contact me shazsmithers2020@gmail.com Sharon

More info about the crucifixion project to be undertaken by the artist I mentioned in West Malling. He is planning a series of videos illustrating the various methods by which unfortunate victims were crucified, and the range of shapes of crucifixes - "T", "X", upright, upside down, body facing inwards and outwards, mostly naked but some posed with a tiny "barely there" loincloth. Each video will include the methods used to attach the victim to the cross. Fortnightly visits to his studio will be required. Each video will be about an hour long with commentary. Wish me luck!

1 2