Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Independent Art School - Birmingham

I modeled for this group on March 15th with just 6 hours notice, and was also my first ever time working for a group as a Life model.

The class went well, the Tutor was happy with my poses as a first timer and I also had a few Thank You's from the students which was nice.

But now, over 3 months later I am still waiting to be paid for my work. I have made several calls to them and each time they tell me it will be sorted and as an organisation they pride themselves on paying as quickly as possible.

I spoke to someone last week who has been modeling for years, they had also worked for The Independent Art School. They told me they would not work for them anymore after having similar problems with late payments and venues being unsuitable for the model to pose in.

Re: The Independent Art School - Birmingham

Will you work for them again? If no, you are working legally and you have written proof you worked for them, tell them you'll contact the HRMC at the end of play today, if you don't get paid plus expenses. Then contact the HRMC with all relevant details.

If you will work for them again, you'll just have to sit and wait.

I was paid today !

My last call to them on Wednesday must have got them to get their act together, Would I work for them again ? I am not sure, as my first ever paid job it has put a bit of doubt in my mind if I will ever bother modeling for anyone again.

Shouldn't really have to chase anyone in the first place, but I imagine it goes on all the time

The best people to work for are the ones who pay on the day.

But for block bookings with colleges that doesn't happen, this is okay as long as you budget to be paid a month later.

Remember to factor in a half-hour's paperwork per booking with colleges especially those who use employment agencies.