Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for an established group

Before I start, please forgive me if this is not the right place for such a post.

I've been tasked with writing an article for my student newspaper on some of the more weird and wonderful part time employment opportunities that exist out there for university students. Being an art nude/life model is one of these.

I'm not a person with an arts background so I will be the first to admit this is not an area I've got any real experience in. So with this in mind I've been convinced I should give it a go.

Ideally I'm looking for a well established but relaxed group, preferably based in the south of England or at a pinch London, who would be willing to have a complete newbie pose for them (no payment required) and answer a few questions about the class, their art, and what makes a good life model.

If anyone knows of, can recommend or represents a group that fits that description who might be willing, please reply or get in touch by email in the first instance, and I'd be happy to call to discuss things in more detail and provide a few photos.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer!

Hannah

Re: Looking for an established group

Still looking for recommendations if anyone can help out. Thanks x

Hi, you might want to try to ask this group :
http://www.londondrawing.com/classes/drop-life-drawing-near-liverpool-street-station-artizan-st-library

I have attended once only so far but will surely return.

hi hannah,im calum 44 from solihull in the west midlands im i used to life model before joining the army and i am now looking to get back into this...seen your ad and if i can be of any help please get in touch

Hi all. This never happened last year, but we're looking to pick this up again in time for our Christmas issue.

Is there any groups out there who would be interested (and put up with) a completely inexperienced model (me - yikes!) posing for a single session in return for a couple of questions about your work and your experience of hiring life models?

If anyone can help, or point me in the direction of someone who might, please do get in touch.

Thank you so much! Hannah x

South of England is a big area. Many art groups around. Where are you situated? What I don't get is if it supposedly for a student newspaper, why haven't you spoken to the art tutors?

Hello!
I run a life drawing session in White Waltham (near Maidenhead, Berkshire) on Monday evenings and Thursday mornings. It's a really relaxed group - some people want a bit of tuition, some don't. We break for tea and biscuits half way through - all very civilised!
I would be very happy for you to come and model for the group if you are still looking for somewhere.

Harriet

www.harri-art.co.uk