Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dodgy ads? - Shared experiences?

Hi everyone

Since starting the new life modelling service, I've experienced some rather dodgy feedback from classified ads. So I'm posting this to see if other members have experienced similar, and might share feedback to help other new models:

Two ads had unpleasant replies:
One quite obscene, from an individual with fantasies.
The other from a gay man who wanted to photograph me nude at my home.
(I 'm happy to pose for anyone, regardless of sexual orientation, provided they are genuine artists.)

However, the third one was distincly odd, which is why I'm sharing this experience. (I'll quote sources, so if this is unacceptable by the moderator, please let me know and I'll rewrite the post.)

I answered an ad on Gumtree.co.uk for models required for a life drawing group in Horsham, West Sussex.
The ad suggested it was a group of artists wanting to do life drawing during their weekday lunchtimes.

There was a swift response and messages exchanged.

However, when I suggested to the contact that we had a chat to discuss further details, I was told....
"We can't do that. All conversations must be kept on record in emails".

I asked why, and then was told....
"The booking is with a company"

So I asked for details, explaining that was okay, but I wouldn't accept a booking without some 'human contact', such as a phone conversation.

This request was refused, and I was told by the contact....
"I don't understand the need for conversation. All our other models are happy with emails only" (?!)

My potential booking was then cancelled.

So I emailed a professional artist who I'd modelled for to ask if she'd heard of similar responses.
She suggested that this 'company' might have been one that sets up 'life model hen parties'.

So, if that were true in this case, why didn't they just say so in the first place?
Why the secrecy and refusal to talk?
Why the misleading ad in a classifieds listing?
If it was a 'company', why not just go to an agency or the RAM?

Have any other members here had similar experiences?

Re: Dodgy ads? - Shared experiences?

Thank god it was via Gumtree, none via ANU I hope Gary?
Please let me know if so.
Best Regards = Alan at ANU