Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Short 90second film on the perspective of a life model. Research

I am a third year film and TV student who is working on a 90 second film. At the moment I am in the early stages of research. I would like to do a fiction film based on a live model's prospective within a life drawing class. The narrative of the film will be a live model's internal monologue. The film intends to be witty and comical but respectful of the art form.

I am looking for people who would be wiling to answer a couple of questions as a part of my research to then help me form the narrative of the film.

The general question is what goes on in your head when you are in a position being drawn?

Do you imagine what the drawers are thinking or what they are like as people?

Do you think about what they are thinking? Etc….

If you interested please email your answers using marksinger01@hotmail.co.uk

If you people are willing you may end up in the film (I am based in High Wycombe Bucks New University.)

Thanks
Mark Singer

Re: Short 90second film on the perspective of a life model. Research

Hi Mark

I'm new to life modelling but what has inspired me to start is the principle of 'mindfulness'.
I regularly practice Chinese 'internal' martial arts.
So, whilst posing, my mind is on my postural alignment to create a strong but relaxed posture. My mind is focussed on my breath and its sensations within my body. It's a sort of 'postural meditation'.
That's what I'll practice when posing.

Are these thoughts any help?

Gary