Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please tell us how we are doing ?

Your feed-back is most welcomed, ANU phase#1 of the web site project is complete . Please send your feed-back of what you think is missing or needed to be add to our new web site that's dedicated to supporting art life modelling. Cheers, Alan...

Re: Please tell us how we are doing ?

Hi Alan.
Sharon told me about the site. It's a great idea.
I can definitely offer a fair bit of work to models, esp this summer as we're trying to put together some big events. My students also like to have a regular change of model, so I need at least four reliable models on my books at all times.
If you could have a model/class diary that displays where and when models are working, that would be very helpful. Then both tutors and models can see where there are blank dates and offer work/services. also some artists like particular models and may wish to attend different venues/classes.

The trouble with the site is, I don't see anyone else here.
If you're asking for a sign up fee (£5?), you're actually only offering (at the moment) an open source for communication, there are already sites like that and a wealth of social networking.
Once you have lots of contacts and registered models, then I think people will be more inclined to pay to join. It's very reasonable.
It will be ideal for me.

Also you are offering Tuition and Venues as separate headings, which makes it difficult for me as I use the same venue (mainly) but offer both tutored and untutored sessions. I know lots of artists are looking for untutored sessions (they think they know it all!), but I call them "Open" sessions (and give help to those that need/want it...which is usually everyone, once they overcome the ego...we all need feedback). But the word tuition will put a lot of people off (I've found) until they've attended a class and found out what it's really like. So if you had a section for life drawing groups/classes and maybe even allowed some testimonials from students/artists, that would be very helpful.
Finally, it's really hard to see from the sample pages, what we will be getting. It doesn't look very exciting, although I'm guessing it will look different once we've signed up?
As for photos, my opinion is; Good quality hi res for any artwork it is vital. You might want to display a range of skill levels, to encourage a wider range of artists.
Also only good quality, hi res, clear images of models, most tutors won't book models from a photo unless it is clearly lit and shows the whole of the model in a pose, lo res face shots are useless to us. "Arty" photos of models are also not useful.

I'm really keen to see this idea take off. If I can be of any help, please let me know.
We are currently applying for funding to stage (Sharon's) Naked ambition idea, which will be great (I'm thinking BIG and lots of models in lots of different dressed/lit sets). I will also be holding some all day multi-model trials over a couple of weekends in the late spring, early summer at Creek Creative. We could definitely use a resource like this to help us.
Kind regards,
Mike.