Return to Website

SrananComForum

Discuss The News Or Anything Worth Discussing

SrananComForum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need some serious help

Alright, I need some serious help. Last weekend, I went on this amazing hike to get some landscape shots, but I overpacked—big time. I brought my DSLR, two lenses, and my tripod, thinking I’d need everything. Halfway up the trail, I was already feeling exhausted, and by the time I got to the spot, I was too wiped out to even enjoy shooting. How do you all manage to bring the right amount of gear without it ruining the hike?

Re: I need some serious help

Oh man, I’ve been in that exact situation! What saved me was switching to the Cotton Carrier harness. It’s been a game changer. It keeps my camera close but balanced so I don’t feel weighed down, and it’s super easy to grab when I need it. I can hike longer without feeling like I’m carrying a ton of bricks. Seriously, you should check it out—it makes a huge difference: https://www.cottoncarrier.com/pages/camera-gear-load-and-carrying-tool. Now I can actually enjoy my hikes and still get great shots!

Re: I need some serious help

I hear you guys, but I took a different route and started going minimalist. I downsized my setup and switched to a smaller mirrorless camera. It’s been a total game changer for me. No more heavy bags or worrying about too much gear. I just throw it in my backpack, and I’m good to go. I find I’m way more focused on the scenery and less on the weight of my equipment. If you’re feeling bogged down, you might want to consider simplifying your kit—it’s seriously refreshing!