Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.  If you would like to debate me please contact first. Any messages that are not appropriate will be deleted within 24 hours. Thank you!

Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strange flying creature

I am a recently retired police captain and am not given to the fanciful. Now I will relate a true and recent event for whatever it is worth to the reader. Five years ago we vacationed in Akumal, Mexico for approx. the 15th time.The hotel is in the Oasis chain and was then called Oasis Akumal, about an hour and a half south of Cancun. I went alone to the south end of the beach where a row of about 4-5 feet high hedges were directly before the beach. The beach was deserted and as I approached I observed what a thought was a large stork type bird standing on a flat piece of dead coral about 12 feet from me. As I took a step closer to peer between the hedges this "bird" slowly turned its elongated head and beak in a very slow and deliberate manner and I felt as if I was being sized up". With help we later guesstimated it was at least 6 ft tall and when it took off its wings were at least 15 or so feet. I got out my camcorder but it totally fogged up due to coming from an air-conditioned room. So I have no proof but my veracity. Some locals also claim to have seen similar and called it a"baby snatcher". There is a little more to this story if anyone cares? Bob T.

How you found this site: search