Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.  If you would like to debate me please contact first. Any messages that are not appropriate will be deleted within 24 hours. Thank you!

Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Debate? Maybe a friendly discussion...

“If they were smarter than they are now, and man's intelligence along with technology grew, then by now we should have more high-tech things than we have today, right? So I disagree on that.”

Yeah, me too…and just about everything else Kent Hovind advocates.

”We cant call them dumb just because they dont have the same intelligence as someone living today. “

I think they had the same intelligence that we have today, (they were ignorant, not less intelligent) we just have had an extra 2000 years or so to develop our knowledge. You are saying those people back then could believe those sticks created the differences in the sheep but not a potion, and that is why God didn’t have potion written in those passages? I say mule fritters, that is just folklore that ignorant people believed, like many other things in the Bible.

Re: Debate? Maybe a friendly discussion...

Exactly. The Bible says lots of stuff about the material world, but the Bible told the ancients nothing they didn't already believe about the world. The only assertions it made that were outside of common belief of the day were ones that couldn't be examined (i.e. "spiritual").

Now, is this more likely from a book from mortal sources, or a book from an omnipotent, omniscient God trying to talk to His people? You make the call.