Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.  If you would like to debate me please contact first. Any messages that are not appropriate will be deleted within 24 hours. Thank you!

Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Gap Theory : Is it Scriptural ?

To believe in the GAP THEORY man tries to harmonize Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 with the popular belief that geologists provide "undeniable evidence" that the Earth is exceedingly old (billions of years). This is nothing more than Theistic Evolution. The GAP THEORY is a man-made doctrine.
It is time for those who are Bible-believers in the Lord Jesus Christ to abandon the GAP THEORY or any other theory that is God-dishonoring and simply believe what God has said. Because the GAP THEORY has no biblical merit. There is no Scripture that supports it.
The Evolution lie is taking hold. The GAP THEORY rides on the back of Evolution lie giving credence to it.
We as Born-again Bible-believing Christians must give glory to God for what He said in the Book of Genesis and believe what He created in the beginning (Genesis 1:1-31) was very good and not tainted with sin until Adam's fall in the Garden of Eden (Romans 5:12-14).
We have a Savior who took away this sin once and for all and His name is the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:8-11),(Hebrews 10:9-11)
We as Bible-believers must "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." (Colossians 2:8)

Re: The Gap Theory : Is it Scriptural ?

great topic Dale! my fiance and I just had a talk about this earlier tonight. If you look at scripture as a whole and not just words but as a testament of history, God's Word, and actually a "timeline", everything is relative to each other. Meaning, that events from the OT took place ON PURPOSE to be relevant and actually "intertwined" with events from today. AKA How we can discern the Truth from the lie of the beast(the knowledge of man).

So, the bible could have started off with anything. ANYTHING! Instead, God tells Moses to start of saying, In the beginning, there was only darkness, and everything was void... And God said, Let there be light. And he called the light day and the darkness night and that was the first day.

Now, as close to the original Hebrew, this was describing the first structural functioning 24 hr day. How interesting that the Lord doesn't even bother to FIRST make the earth, the planet, that this day will affect. First, he simply makes what? Time. The space time continuum. The plane of our physical, 3 dimensional existence. The very thing Jesus will stop when he returns to earth AFTER the false messiah's short time here is over.

Why did he do this first? My belief (or suspicion, if you will) was the Lord's foresight of the coming demonic Evolution theory. And I think He also knew evolution would creep into creationism, making Christians interpret the first seven days as actually "symbolic" days meaning large spans of years, not 24 hour days(taking away glory from the Creator).

That is just one of the reasons (and probably one of the lesser reasons, I'm sure His reasoning was simply scientific and spiritual) that he did this FIRST. Because it is VERY hard to argue with the opening of the bible as a first 24 hour day determined by day and night(with no planets nor earth, mind you.) VERY hard to argue that he meant "the first billion years". I think it was a test of faith for this generation, with all their science and theology.

How you found this site: youtube.com