General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'IQ of 63 -- So What' Book available

My friend, Ben Anderson, has a great inspirational book available for purchase.

“This book is deeply touching as Ben shares his journey through life. Ben’s story takes us from disappointments to his goal focused pursuit as a person filled with gifts to share with others. His story telling begins with his birth on the prairies of North Dakota. We are shown the strength and deep devotion of his parents and family as they sought the necessary support services. The special bond with his grandfather demonstrates the precious gift of a loving relationship. Ben’s recollections validates for us the need to feel bonded with others and recognize the importance of family. His stories are filled with tenderness and introspection. He expresses his dreams and the challenges he faced. Ben ardently pursues these dreams and will not be swayed from reaching his goals.

His romantic journey is shared and reflects both humourous and sensitive moments. Ben with his wife and soul mate Dee currently travel around the nation bringing precious hope through his presentations. He offers his audiences encouragement and inspiration to be the best they can be.

Testing scores relegated Ben to the bottom of the group yet Ben defied the results. He proved that perseverance coupled with loving support from family and friends are enablers of results that can only be described as “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”. Ben welcomes us joyously into his life experiences and proves categorically that he has surpassed the expectations of his 63 IQ. As pilgrims traveling on the road of life Ben provides us with a destination and a purpose. I am proud to have such a wonderful friend and it is definitely an honour and privilege for me to have been asked to provide the foreword.”
-Dr. Ashleigh Molloy- Director, Transformation Institute

"As a mother of a child "labeled" as having a disability, I feel Ben Anderson's "IQ of 63 - So What!" is a must reading for parents and professionals of individuals with disabilities. Rarely are the experiences of having a disability and its impact on one's life so simply yet eloquently retold as through the direct, honest voice of Ben Anderson. You will find yourself cheering for Ben through every page as he expertly leads the reader through the up's and down's of the life of a person born with cerebral palsy in the 1950's. If you or someone you love has ever been told to"give up"or "be realistic" about their dreams: you need to read this book."
-Sandra Padmanabhan, Ph.D

"Ben's story gives us more than a message to think about, it provides a tool for us to teach and learn from." -Donna Halverson, fifth grade teacher

"An easy but profound read which is important as it can be shared with people of all intellectual levels. It really touches home for those who are raising children with disabilities as it allows for the perspective that children would love to share but many times can't for a variety of reasons. The quintessential story of the value vs. detriment of labels. Yes, they can help drive services, but they can also create boxes that are hard to break out of. Thanks for your continuing work on behalf of those who live daily with the reality, difficulty and joys of disability."

Order by going to his website
http://www.bendanderson.com/IQof63.htm

Re: 'IQ of 63 -- So What' Book available

Thank you so much Karen! I came across your SD Parent Connection page with the link to Ben's new book.

As an update everyone out there - Ben is speaking at the TASH conference in Seattle December 6th 2007! We hope to get back to the beautiful South Dakota Black Hills again.

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Dee