official two gallants message forum

official two gallants message forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UK Tour

The new song sounded really good by the way.

not too keen on the way adam sings Las Crucas jail these days. slightly different from the old days and cd.

Shame the set was so...so short for Newcastle. The reason they have to come on so early is that the Carling have a club night on a Saturday and the whole gig has to finish by 10, to allow them to tidy up and re-set up for the club. None club nights the support would not be on till 8.

Does anybody know what the instramental bit they played was? Sorry if I am showing my ignorance I feel I should know it as it sounds like a cover rather than something from thier own set?

Toon tastic, nice name, why didnt i think of that?
I can't wait to see them in nottingham, i'm hoping to say hi, afterall its the first time seeing them as a support act.

managed to get a tiocket for elbow in leeds ( who are elbow ? - joking of course, although the main course was no where near as good as the starter )...... shame the setlist was so short but worth every penny and more of the entrance fee. seen them four times now ( or is it five ) and they just get better and better - seems like guy garvey is a BIG fan as he thanked and name checked them at leat 4 times during elbows set.

Also having a craft cigarette ( during the elbow set ...oops! ) noticed adam sat in the van outside looking mighty cold - you think theyd have gotten used to the english winters by now ( i know its spring )..could not go without opening the van door and having a few words and a shake of the poets hand. Strange , the fact that ive been going to gigs for years and have been to hundreds and have never been even thought of approaching someone like that but with adam i felt compelled to let hiom know just how much their music means to me and many others.......in fact i no longer buy cds now and (wrong i know ) download my music for free in most cases but with the Two Gallants i have to buy there CDs ( even bought a t shirt this time ......... unheard of !!!) as unlike most of todays musicians i truly believe that these guys live and breath their music and are not into it for the glory and fame..... jesus im rambling now, see what there music does to me. Cheers folks and keep the faith!

Seems like fate; was just playing 'Waves of Grain', and thought to myself 'I wonder when the boys are touring UK next?'. Lo & behold they're playing just up the road from me in two days time! Ticket booked, I'll be there!!

I saw the lads playing in Sheffield last night. Pretty enjoyable.

The set-list was much different from when I've seen them before, probably due to the short time they had, 2Gs packed in the effortlessly bitesize tunes of their armoury (but no Steady Rollin' or Nothing To You).

The sound at the venue, the Octagon, was good. I thought quite a few of the crowd sat up and took notice during the set, as they damn well should do. Elbow's crowd actually struck me as fairly switched on, so probably a good band to support.

I hadn't heard of these guys until last night when i saw them dsupporting elbow in nottingham. It's the first time i've ever bought a CD at a gig. They blew ma away big style. What a chunky sound; drums like they are meant to be beat: within an inch of their lives!!!