official two gallants message forum

Forum: official two gallants message forum
Start a New Topic 

« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | »
Author
Comment
disaster at the Houston show

Oh my god, what just happened? Why did that happen? Did Adam get arrested?

For those of you who weren't there, in the middle of their fourth song, a Houston PD officer came up on stage and started shining his flashlight in Adam's face. After a little bit he stopped playing and they looked like they were arguing and then suddenly they were fighting and on the ground and people were swarming. The officer didn't handcuff him but a lot of people were arguing with the cop and pushing him around almost and then the manager or someone started screaming for everyone to get out and to leave the property. Within minutes there were at least six police cars outside.

What is going on??

Email  
Re: disaster at the Houston show

That was fucking LAME!

The cop had a fucking bad attitude from the get go. I saw him walking through people right next to me, nudging everyone out of the way. He would even pause to stare people down that he was walking past like he was looking for a fight. He was mean mugging everyone before he even got on stage. He must have found out his wife was being fucked by his brother and his dad. He had that serious of an attitude. Walked up on stage waving the flash light in Adams face. Adam stopped singing but was still picking the guitar and talking to the cop. I guess he wanted Adam to stop playing the guitar and then the cop just grabbed the guitar from Adam and pulled him down. Adam DID NOT make the first move. Then all hell broke loose. Tyson tried to get the cop to calm down and the cop pulled him down, too. He was now sitting on top of both of them like a dog pile. Then some people from the crowd got involved. Tried touching the cop and then the cop started chasing down everyone with a taser. He was shooting people from the crowd with the taser. That shit sucked! They played for maybe 30 minutes. Adam was running around the bar trying not to get tased. Then it moved to the parking lot. After the comotion, Tyson, some friends, fans, and I think members from the opening acts were cuffed. That cop had a serious problem.

About 10 cop cars showed up. Adam took off and they had a helicopter out looking for his ass. Lame.

Someone mentioned something about the cop saying we were being "too loud"? Fucking A, it's a music venue. I even talked to the guy living next door and he said it was bullshit. He lives right next door and doesnt' hear shit.

sweet lawww  

Oh yeah. through out the whole thing the cop was yelling at everyone to stop taking pictures of him(laugh my fucking ass off) GOTCHA, BITCH! say cheese

sweet lawww  

So then did you mean Adam got away? And what about Tyson? And why would the musicians be hassled for volume anyway, even if it were a problem? Weird.

Email  

Adam disappeared. In the parking lot the cop was crying, "I want the lead singer of the band. I want him right now. He resisted me."

I guess he was a foot b/c they had an HPD chopper out w/ a spotlight looking for his ass.

sweet lawww  

And on the noise issue, that's just what someone mentioned. I don't know if that's the real reason the cop showed up.

sorry if I'm post whoring

sweet lawww  

if there were a bigger issue wouldn't they have sent more than one cop? i think he just has a complex, a super cop complex. to complain about the silly bastard call: 713-308-8900 badge number 7854

It ain't life if it ain't free-
A slice of American "justice" was unfairly handed down tonight at Walters on Washington during what was lining up to be an amazing show. The first two bands rocked, to get that out of the way (mad love to Longhorne Slim and Trainwreck Riders). So with the crowd warmed up and the musicans in full spirit, Two Gallants set the stage and eloquently carried us through a few great tunes, we were wittness to the beauty and depth their songs are truly about. When Adam sings "Hell might take but heaven gives" you know he belives it. As the band started playing their fourth song we saw a cop appear on the left side of the stage yelling at Adam to stop playing and as soon as he did the cop threw him to the ground. As Tysone jumped up to help his traveling and musical partner he was also forcefully thrown to the ground. At this point the crowd respectfully and graceously got involved. As Adam ran to the right of the stage the big mexican meathead who was supposed to be keeping us safe started running over and destroying all of the bands equiptment(including Adams vintage sunn speakers and a beautiful vintage stand up bass played by the bass player of Longhorn Slim). At this point obsinities were being screamed by everyone and Mister BRUTALITY busted out the tazer, tazing everyone in his short armed range(including from what I could tell a very young teenage boy). Adam made his way out the door, with everyone following to block the way of that asshole of a cop (I belive he was able to escape). When we got outside about 10 other cops arrived and began arresting people for asking questions like "what is this about?" or "can you do that?", I even saw a young girl get thrown into a car for saying something and walking away. Now I just moved to this town and this was my first experience with any sort of H.P.D. but if this is what they do for fun on a friday night I don't feel safe at all. So if everyone who was there will file a complaint on the arresting officer maybe something will be done about it. I want to see that pic of that asshole smiling on the front fucking page of the morning news, I want testemony from everyone at the show and I want that fucker's badge taken away. but more than anything I want to see a Two Gallants show in it's entirety. I really don't blame them if they never come back to houston, but austin is still cool right?

Email  
now this is bad

I feel like someone should do something. But since I feel that all the time it's no big deal I guess.

Email  

I'm just speechless.
What the hell is going on?

First hand accounts

For anyone not in Houston that wants an idea of what happened go to www.handsuphouston.com and read the message board. I and many others that were at the show have posted our accounts of what happened. It was not good.

Yeah, that cop was a fucking douche. Once he popped in, chaos began. But before that everything was great. Like he wasn't there for long and before you know it he had thrown Adam to the ground and everybody was shouting. People were getting arrested left and right after that.

I drove three fucking hours from Louisiana to see this band and this cop decides to fuck everything up.

Email  

Wow, I hope everything turns out ok for the band and the cop gets what's comming to him.

Myspace Page with a Video on it

WTF! Thank God I dont live in Houstin...I would be sitting in jail right now. But, fuck...this pisses me off. Not that it matters that much, but I can assume some shows may get cancled. This is absured! Some lady on their myspace said both her son and husband got tasered. Fuck that. Hope Adam is somewhere safe.

I was at the Two Gallants show Friday night at Walter's and I am outraged. I was on the phone just a little while ago with the editor at Free Press Houston. I am going to work with them to try and devote the next issue of Free Press Houston to this very incident. I have setup an email address to collect information about what went down. If you were there and have any kind of eyewitness account to give please write to waltersdispute@gmail.com,. Every story is important, especially if we have a lot of them and they all match up. Please put all of your contact information in your messages so that we can get back to you on the phone about your story. Also send pictures and video. ABC news has already posted a report on their website making the band and the crowd look bad. We have to let the truth about what happened be known. Lets do something about this together!

-Reggie O'Farrell
832-563-6561

P.S. Please get on your phones and call every news outlet and radio station that you can think of. Call HPD and file a complaint about what happened!

Email  

Can you post a link to the ABC news article?

so what the hell happened to tyson and adam?
holy crap this is some rediculous bullshit!!

probable cause to arrest them? or anyone for that matter?

damn it! i'm pissed!

Email  
abc news link

adam was ok as of last night. some friend of mine who left the show on bikes found him walking around the neighborhood. they then took him over to their house where he hung out until about 2. at that point he got ahold of his manager who had gotten a hotel room. my friends then took him over to the hotel and that was the last they saw of him. i assume they spent the rest of the night on the phone trying to get tyson out of jail...

Email  

is anyone down to go to Austin to make up for the show that was fucked in Houston? that's if the show in Austin is still a go.

sweet lawww  

tyson was taken in last night. we almost have him out. then we will be able to make sense of what happened. thanks everyone for your support.

Myspace Video

There is a myspace address that has a video of HPD officer Gabriel Rodriguez walking aroud the venue trying to taser people.
Go to myspace.com/hpd_has_problems

i was at the show too
i've been sending e-mails to every news station i can think of. that cop was a total douche. i actually drove around for a while afterwards to see if i could find adam, but i'm glad he's somewhere safe. now, if only i could drive to austin tonight to finish what was started last night...

Email  

another update:

ok so i talked to my friend greg finally. he got out of jail at about 5.30 this evening. he was one of the lucky ones since some of the other dudes were getting transferred over to county and would probably be there for another 10 to 12 hours... he was charged with interferring with an officer. however as you can see from this clip, it appears there was no interference. the beginning is kinda shaky but you can see the cop take adam down. this clip is right after the cop got on stage. you can also see where things could've calmed down. but then the cop slaps the camera out of greg's hand. there will be other clips from greg soon. he picked the camera back up and the recorded as the cop pushed him around the bar and into the instruments in thc order. anyway, i think i speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxKQb03A0bw

Email  

Email  

the previous video ends with the cop knocking the camera out of this guys hands. this video begins after he has picked the camera up and turned it back on. the cop is now pushing the dude all around the club eventually pushing him into langhorne slim's equipment where he breaks the stand up base...

Email  

this video takes up right where the video before ends. you see the cop walking out of the corner where he just pushed greg down. then he goes after adam who runs around the bar, jumps back over the front and is gone out the door...

Email  

Oh my god. That's crazy!
Absolutely no need to mess with our gallants.
Hope everything works out...

Jeff

i posted my account along with all the videos and all the pics i could find. nothing new if you have been reading this thread but an easy way to get caught up...

http://blog.myspace.com/dsharber

Email  
More Stories Please

I've collected about 6 eyewitness accounts so far at the address that I posted above. Please keep them coming. I'm meeting with someone from Free Press Houston tomorrow afternoon to show them what I've collected so far and talk about what we can do to organize our efforts. We have to let the city of Houston know that this kind of disrespect will not be tolerated or overlooked. Keep sending your stories to waltersdispute@gmail.com

Email  

anyone know if tyson is out yet? god damn it!!

Email  

I am assuming since the other thread says that they would make the 10/14 Austin show that Tyson did get out already

WTF? This is outrageous. Anyword from the PD as to what the cop was doing there? Seriously, was he on PCP or something? - He was clearly just looking to hurt people. I hope everyone's okay.

Email  
HOUSTON

Hi, I
started up the myspace hpd has problems in houston and if adam or tyson would like to e-mail me and get in touch with whats going on, I would love to help.

ps.
thanks adam, for the shirt!
and tyson for playing more than 3 songs in austin.

michael.knobelsdorf@gmail.com

Email   demodulatorad   Website

I spent a night in jail for saying "fuck you" to a cop after seeing him arrest some random guy at the show in Houston.
they didn't even read me my rights.
I am trying to get something done about it.

I wrote about it here:

http://blog.myspace.com/katieisprettyawesome

Email  

I saw the show in Austin; I thought it was pretty great, however....was that a taser burn on Adam's elbow?

Email  

they dont need to read you your rights.... that is just on TV.

.... and now the gallants will blow up even faster than they have been. methinks this incident will propel these chaps into the eye of mainstream music listeners. . thank you cops.

I've made a blog about the situation at http://twogallants.infinitesecond.net/

I'm going to try to keep it updated as much as possible and try to keep as much information on there.

@ kyle,
yes they do have to read you your rights. it the law.
Miranda vs. Arizona 1966 dude.

so, take that to court and let the cop choke on it!

Email  

Hang in there guys! No matter how it went down there is never a need for that type of violence!

The Decemberists

Shit! just saw waht happend at that show! thats terrible! I've only just heard what happened so i'm shocked...hope Adam and Tyson r alright and that everyone who was there r alright...
fucking cop! that was well out of order!
Hope everything gets bck 2 normal soon and that everyone is alight. from ur Lincolnshire fanbase, England. Matt.

I was interviewed along with another person from the crowd by Fox 26 yesterday. They had the story on the news last night and it should be up on the Fox Houston website later today. I also got news that ABC 13 is interviewing people for a story to be on the news this evening. Call HPD Internal Affairs (713) 308-0040 to complain about this cop if you were there. I think you have to go down to their office to make a formal complaint, but it will be well worth it.

They only have to read you your rights if you commit a felony. Since yelling 'f-you' is at best a misdemeanor, there was no need to read them.

Houston City Council Meeting

Tomorrow is open session at Houston City Council. Anyone can go and address any issue in front of the council. You have to call TODAY and sign up. The number is 713-247-1840. I am going to speak as well as a few other people. I am going to write a letter for everyone that shows up to sign as well. If you don't want to speak you can still come and sign the letter. If you would like to sign the letter be at 901 Bagby at 1:30pm. The session starts at 2pm.

-Reggie
832-563-6561

The Houston Chronicle has a couple of music bloggers who posted regarding the Walter's show. It might be a wise idea to get the Chronicle engaged on this by posting there as well. If the media sees that this incident is generating interest, they will stay on top of it, which increases the likelihood that there will be a thorough investigation (because this is Texas, it likely won't have the outcome we'd all hope for, but at least a more in depth record is likely to result). The blog can be accessed here:

http://blogs.chron.com/handstamp/archives/2006/10/incident_at_wal.html

Keep in mind that it is a moderated site, and if your post is too hyperbolic, you won't make the cut. Be measured and thoughtful in your responses for optimal results.

Email  

Wow! I don't live in Houstin but I live in Albuqerque, New Mexico and that stuff happens all the time. I think it's appalling that those who are suppost to protect us are the ones doing the harm. For everyone that was there I say keep fighting! Keep pushing! Don't let this event drop off the radar of peoples minds! Do what you can to get this cop punished and the other cops that were there! Holding someone for saying "fuck you" is not a crime I'm pretty sure that we do still have this thing called the Bill Of Rights! If there's anyway I can do anything from here to help let me know! Write me on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/senoritaflapjacks. I'm tired of cops getting a power trip because they have a badge! They are there to protect us!! I have had things like this happen to too many friends and this situation just show how bad the system can get! Another suggestion that I didn't see anyone make but someone might be doing this already is contact the ACLU I'm sure there are some civile liberties that were broken! DON'T LET THIS REST UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE!!!

Email  
Myspace

The myspace page HPD has problems has come up missing! We are not really sure what happened yet, but the page is gone and we can't log into the account. We're not making any assumptions, but as soon as we have more info it will be posted here.

Call the ACLU. They will help.

Calls for letter writing are rarely heard, here's an easy way to get the HPD to see that people want to know what happened. Remember, the person getting your request is not the person you're angry at. As many requests for information for this incident will show that people aren't interested in letting it slide. Investigate for yourself. The following is in the format that the HPD ask for. Feel free to add what information you have.

Email to: hpd.openrecs@cityofhouston.net

Subject: Information requests

LOCATION INQUIRY / CALLS FOR SERVICE REPORT

1. 4200 block of Washington Avenue.
2. October 12, 2006 to October 15, 2006

OFFENSE/INCIDENT REPORTS

1. The HPD offense or incident report number:

unaware

2. The Harris County criminal case number:

unaware

3. The names of the complainants, suspects, witnesses/and or reportees, with identifiers such as race, sex, dates of birth, drivers’ license numbers, social security numbers, HPD numbers and/or SPN numbers.:

Adam Stephens, Tyson Vogel, others

4. The type of offense

Noise complaint

5. The exact address of the offense

Walter's on Washington, 4215 Washington Avenue Houston, TX

6. The date of the offense

October 13, 2006

7. The names of the investigating officers and employee numbers

G. Rodriguez, possible number 7584

Thank you in advance,

Your Name Goes Here

Email  

HPD has problems was shut down by myspace for reasons still unclear to us. so we made a new page, and will continue to do so.

www.myspace.com/hpd_has_problems2

all you need to do is add the 2 at the end of the previous link.

Thanks and we hope we still get a great response

« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | »
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com