official two gallants message forum

official two gallants message forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
two gallants equipment...

does anyone know what equipment the guys use? I'm mainly interesetd in Adams guitar...his style is amazing...so if anyone can tell me what guitar he uses and what amp and amp settings he uses as well, that would b a real help...
i've looked around the web but i cant find anything...
i'm just interested in what equipment they use...if anyone knows anything about Tysons drums then that would b cool aswell...

Re: two gallants equipment...

adam plays on a Gretsch guitar, don't know any specifications though

thanks man...thats a real help...

Adam plays a Gretsch Tennessee Rose:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G6119&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1

Not sure what amp he uses, he has had it forever though.

honer marine band harmonicas

Cool...looked at that guitar, its real nice...thanks 4 the harmnicas aswell...hopefully they will play in england soon so i can see this equipment in action!

when they played the ULU may 17th 2006 adam used an orange cab and the same old head he uses all the time. anyone know what pedal he uses? he seems to tred on it at such unusual times during songs

Re: Re: two gallants equipment...

yea i think the harmonicas are right they are in white cases, yea? got to ask him after a gig in a drunken state of mind, he uses 2 amps he double outputs his guitar through a di box i think. bass amp and a normal amp not sure of the brands though

He uses the Holy Grail reverb pedal.

He has an Ampeg tubed bass head with a Sunn cab. (curious about peoples theory on why the bass head) I know he gets good lows using it, but mainly curious how it would effect the mid and high range.

The bass head combined with the D.I. and the treble amp would be to make up for not having a bass player. The separation in the tones is picked up naturally and essentially what it does is create more diversity in the aural spectrum... that's a really silly way of saying it sounds more full. Without any low end, you would definitely notice it... often, good bass is more noticed by its absence rather than presence, and I'd guess this is the case here. I don't know this from Two Gallants or anything, but I have a friend who plays in Earthless and even though they have a bass player, they do a similar thing to their guitar to get low end from the leads while the bass plays the groove track...
http://www.myspace.com/earthless

I would love to know how TGS records, though... there is definitely some low end in the recordings.

I thought Adams was a Gretsch Nashville 6120? Or the one he used on the last tour anyway...I might be wrong, whatever, he'd make a shitty $10 acoustic look 'cool'.

Re: Re: two gallants equipment...

pretty sure its a tennesse rose, nashville is a bit larger and the scratch plate sticks out a bit more gold pick ups aswell.this is nashville http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/thumbs/2007-Gretsch-6120TM.JPG
this is tennesse http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/guitarimages2006/gretsch_tenny_rose_cp/gretsch_tennessee_rose_001.jpg

I think Tyson uses pearl equipment. I recognized his hardware but he removes the pearl logo from them.

I'm pretty sure Adam has a Gretsch Tennessee Rose G6119

The above comments are correct regarding Adam's Tenessee Rose. His pedal setup is this: Boss Bass Overdrive, Holy Grail Reverb, and a Morley ABY pedal to split the signal between the Marshall Head (orange cab)and the Apeg Bass rig with a 4x10 aluminum-coned speaker cab.

wich acoustic guitar does he use?

I think his acoustic is a Gibson J-45. Also, the guitar he plays in the video for "Despite What You've Been Told" is not a Gretsch. It's a single-cutaway hollow body with a Bigsby, but it looks like maybe an Epiphone Sheraton... All the times I've seen them play, though, he was definitely playing the Tennessee Rose.

The last time I saw them, Adam didn't yet have the Orange cab you guys refer to. His Marshall head was plugged into a Vox cab at the time.

On the recordings, Adam often plays a simple bass part to fill them out.

The guitar he is playing in Despite what you've been told is an old Schecter that he played before the Tennessee Rose. He will play the Schecter still sometimes when he plays older songs from The Throes. He also seems to be playing that Vox amp all the time now.

I'm saving up for a Tennessee Rose. They're the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen...not to mention they sound like a million bucks!

Talked with Adam today at a show. His guitars are: 1970 Gibson J-50 Acoustic, early 2000's Gretsch Tenesse Rose, and the "schecter" is actually a 1964 Silvertone fully hollow body electric. PS The show was great!