official two gallants message forum

Forum: official two gallants message forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Record Co.

So I'm extremely jazzed about the new album, (i've had their last 3 in my cars 6 disc changer for years now) but I'm curious to know about their new "label" ATO records... I don't know how indie labels work but does this mean that 2GS are moving away from Saddle Creek?

Re: Record Co.

Well first I've heard of Accoding to Our Records though they have some big/good names on the roster already.

Doubt they had an X number of albums contract with Saddle-Creek (LBJ), that's one things major labels do that hurts artists.
ATO's artist page for 2gs does state "The Bloom and the Blight moves away from Two Gallants’ more folk and blues-based past, representing the duo’s ferocious live show and their past steeped in punk and grunge."

Which LBJ might not have thought was "right" for their catalog for some reason and ATO picked up on when they toured with Mariachi El Bronx (also on ATO).

I think we're in safe hands though when they're on a with the following:

"TAPING POLICY

ATO Records permits audiotaping at our artists’ performance, however this decision is ultimately reserved by each artist and their managment.
All recordings must be used for personal use or trading only. Selling or commercializing any recording is illegal and will jeopardize taping privileges for everyone."

http://atorecords.com/featured/two-gallants-announce-the-bloom-and-the-blight-out-sept-4th/

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com