Return to Website

The Pelicans Message Board

Please feel free to leave a message or reply to any that have been left by other people

The Pelicans General Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas

This has been a year when a few of the people I new passed away our suffered injury,Fr David Cullen who tryed to teach me French at Broomehall when some of the priest would argue that I could hardly speak English.My friend Fr Don Anderson and Bro Trev Robertson who fell and injured themselves.

I do wish to send my best wishes to all White Father's and Brothers and to all members of this website.
God Bless you all and have a happy and holy Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

May be we can have a get together next year some time.

Tom

Re: Christmas

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to those I studied with - staff and students - at Blacklion 1961 - 1963, Broome Hall 1963 - 1964 and Eastview 1964 - 1965. I don't see many from my years online...but would love to. After leaving England in 1970 with my wife Nora and spending 4 years in Montego Bay, Jamaica we moved to Ontario, Canada, where we still live with our kids and grandkids.

I recently sent this letter to Mary Boys at Columbia University.
Congratulations on 28 years at Union.It hardly seems like yesterday I was taking classes with you, Tom and Padraic at Boston College.
I wrote recently that four “experiences” between 1960 and 1971 had a profound impact on my life:
1960 - 1961 Year 1 at St. Mary’s (Simmaries)Strawberry Hill.
1961 - 1965 Studying Philosophy and Theology with the White Fathers in Ireland, England and Canada,
1965 - 1967 Years 2 and 3 at Simmaries
1970 - 1971 Boston College Institute for Pastoral Ministry and Religious Education.
I was contacted sometime back by Michael Goodstadt, whom I have never met( I now see him weekly on a Zoom meeting with ex-wfers) but who had been at St. Columba’s 1951 – 1954 and The Priory 1954, both minor seminaries, when such things existed-, and Blacklion 1957, four years before I started Philosophy.This was something I wrote to him….
He wrote, “it would be interesting, and maybe instructive, to explore intense activities to which our ex-WFers have been committed for the long term.” I am 80 and there have been numerous such activities over the years. You mentioned sports. That has certainly been one of my passions, particularly “ball sports.”....and on and on