Return to Website

The Pelicans Message Board

Please feel free to leave a message or reply to any that have been left by other people

The Pelicans General Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello

Congratulations to those who have produced the new site and thanks to Paul West who did a great job for so long.
I have finally decided to retire from computer programming apart from a couple of clients and concentrate on music. I took up the piano and clarinet 4 years ago after a triple bypass slowed me down a bit. The 1500 sq Metres of tomatoes I grew had already stopped after the first stent.
However my sheep still greet me with enthusiasm every morning. Plus the wallabies. Now that my last dog has departed they feel free to enter his domain of the house acre. Isn't it amazing animals prefer to be fed prepared food rather than enjoy nature's bounty. No wonder McDonald's do so well to my absolute horror they are everywhere.
Exchanged emails with Nimmo this morning aka Commander W J Nimmo-Scott OBE now there is a success story. However he is now chief cook and bottle washer to a Wife, Daughter and two grand children. Both Wife and daughter were Naval officers of lesser rank than himself however much like me the presence of a lady of the house means we get to do the heads -:)
Does anyone know the fate of Father Fitzgerald - the last I heard he was living in Long Island probably with Billy Joel playing piano for him - lucky devil.
Happy Easter one and all. I shall be celebrating 46 years of marriage.