SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Puppy with Coccidiosis

What is the best thing to use to treat for coccidiosis, how much & and how many times/days do I give it? Thanks Dwayne

Re: Puppy with Coccidiosis

I might can help u call me when u get a chance 803-280-7693

Go to Monroe and get a bottle of Corrid. It knocked mine right out. 16 bucks

Barry Hilton
    Go to Monroe and get a bottle of Corrid. It knocked mine right out. 16 bucks

whats the dosage for corrid/sulmet?

Barry, I'm in the way to SOuthern States now. They have a 16 oz bottle and a gallon of corrid. I have 6 puppies to treat and my cousin has 5. How much will the 16 oz do? I'm going to buy the 16 oz due to the price. So someone please give me the dosage of corrid for a 5-6 lb puppy.

CORID - Puppy with Coccidiosis

Active ingredient for CORID 9.6% oral solution is Amprolium and this is the recommended dosage as per several sites on the internet...

Dose: In dogs and cats: "extra label use": 300 to 400 mg/kg, SID for 5 days or 110 to 220 mg/kg SID for 7 to 12 days.

*** There is 96 mg of Amprolium in every ml. (ml = cc and a kg = 2.2 lbs)

Albon, hit em hard the first day with it then give em about 2cc's a day for 9 days. Must act fast!!!!

Thanks Guys, but I took the pup to the Vet and it is not Coccidiosis it is Parvo???? How I don't know... I've got them in brood houses that have been cleaned and cloroxed regularly... gave them their shots and wormed them by the book... I've raised 8 to 10 litter of puppies and have never had any trouble until now... beats the Heck out of me but thats what the Vet said it is. Any thing I can do other than keep fluids in him until he gets over it??? IF HE DOES!!!

Will help if they have Parvo

Bout the only thing I know and you will save right many by doing so is give 1cc pen. and 1cc dex, twice a day and keep them plenty of water...they will turn around...

Re: Will help if they have Parvo

dwayne , may not help but try clorox in their drinking water, and maybe even shhoot a cc down there throat, had a guy that used to raise a lot of pups say that they did the oral clorox thing at any sign sickness

Thanks, Right now only one of them is sick, I separated him from the other pups. I gave him some IV fluids last night and he drank a bowl of gatarade over night but still not eating. Maybe he'll come around. Thanks Again for the help.

I have rasid many pups in my lifetime have never seen one live past three days if he had pure parvo.i don't care what you do he will usually die. If he lives he want never be up to par. Sounds like coccidiosis. You can cure that quick.

Got to agree with Thomas. I haven't seen a pup live more than 3 days on its own with Parvo. If if is parvo and he is drink the pup will probably make it. For Coccidia,I keep Sulmet in my pups water at the rate of 1oz to 2 1/2 gallons of water might skip a week and then I use clorox in the water.

Darron Smith/Stop, Drop & Roll
    For Coccidia,I keep Sulmet in my pups water at the rate of 1oz to 2 1/2 gallons of water might skip a week and then I use clorox in the water.

In the future I will do this as a prevention from now on. I have had problem after problem with this stuff and was too stupid too realize what it was. Just goes to show you that no matter how much you do something, you never know it all. I can attest...

Thanks for the help, the pup has started eating and drinking again after a week. I'm not sure what he had but I tried everything so something worked??? Now he has just got to catch back up with his littermates.

where in monroe can i get the corrid. i go through there at least twice a week on the way to pauls or sons to run dogs. i have about ten pups now with no problems but would like to get a bottle just as a prevention. thanks for the help.

lynn, tractor supply has it in most stores

thanks bubba , might have to get it at the tractor supply in monroe the concord branch doesnt carry it. i guess us city folk just have to drive to get anything that has to do with a **** huntin dog as there are nothin but liberals up our way.

Please don't post here when you obviously know nothing about parvo. I volunteer at a vet clinic and we've seen 23 cases of parvo this year the trick is to keep the dog hydrated. Best way is subcutaneous fluids not iv fluids.

Do not give unlimited water to a parvo dog. Use subcutaneous fluids under 20lbs 200ml under the skin so they are slowly absorbed. The parvo runs its course in 5 to 7 days so if dog is still alive he has made it. May take awhile before he's back to eating, best to go get baby food meat so it is easy on the stomach and mix with rice.

How much corid and mixture of 9.6?

You give a puppy 2 cc straight of the corid no water?

I mix 16oz of water with 3 oz of corid 9.6%
    Then do weight of dog divided by 2.2 kg x 10 divided by 96 = ___ml administered by drench
    7lb puppy about .4ml

Strictly only drinking water given for 10 days I do 30ml corid 1 gal of water
    Don’t really like this never know how much each is getting

DOES THAT MEAN YOU WOULD GIVE A 25 POUND HOUND 1.2ML OF MIX BY MOUTH? PLEASE GET BACK WITH ME. HOW MANY DAYS IN A ROW? YOU CAN TEXT ME. MY NAME IS ROBERT STONE MOST PEOPLE KNOW ME AS BOO (910)-507-0930