SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Holisic veternarians?

I went to a vet that I haven't used in about 10 years but is/was probaly the best around and he has switched from normal practices to holistic. Just wanted yalls opinion on holistic medicine. It was quite an experience watching him with the wand that picks up electrical signals from the dog to diagnos its condition and the treatment he gives. Does anyone think it works, is better or just foolish?

Re: Holisic veternarians?

Wish we had more holistic people doctors around. I think they are more common sense based and are in the healing business not just in the business of selling a bunch of drugs that don't work. I have never been to a holistic vet, but I bet it would translate the same way.

getta a life !!!!!!!

there are places for both alopathic and homeopathic veterinarianrs; you can go to www.altvetmed.com and see who is registered in your area for 'alternative' treatments; BUT, having said that, beware of 'snakeoil'... it's no different being peddled by a 'vet' than a 'Dr.'; do your homework;, know what you are looking for, and looking at as way of treatment; accupuncture / chiropractic is a well accepted method of treatment foe people and animals; alternative medicines in many many situations are preferable than just an 'across the board' antibiotic', etc., but most of all, YOU are your dogs caregiver; you deed to do your homework, read, read, ask questions, read some more, question the answers, read some more, talk to more people, etc.,
    but in a nutshell, homeopathic is a viable and traditional method of working with the body to heal itself; you treat from the 'inside' out;
    there is as much accurate stuff on the web as there is garbage; and there's a ton of that~! this is nothing to take lightly; it's a commitment on YOUR part to understand the modality of the treatments, to think outside the box;
    Unfortunately, today I'm seeing too many vets getting on the 'Homeopathic/Holistic' wagon and not have a CLUE what they are doing; it's the big new 'buzzword' - everything 'GREEN', everything 'NATURAL' -- that's fine if you know what you're doing.
    This Vet should probably not be advertising as 'homeopathic/holistic' without some sort of validation/certification from a legitimate source.
    Let your instincts guide you, and ask him the hard questions!
    Good luck -
    Kathryn