SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: icom or yeasue box?

Tawney ive got both yeaseu and icom i like the icom better but i also think my yeaseu is messed up. i have to be looking at the dog to track it. needs to be looked at.

Does the new Quick Track 6000 track all the frequences now? I hunt 215 collars and the last time I checked it would not do 215 or 222 collars.

well i currently have a magumn 8000 and it works really well and we have had it a long time with no problems but we hunt with two trucks and wanted a box for the second truck i would buy another magumn but wasnt looking to put out that kind of money is the reason i was looking at the icom or yeasu. but i think icom is the better way to go for no more money than it cost

How much is the new Icom?

i think the icom is around 350 and the yeasue is around 300

are you going to need an antenna for either box? or do you have one?

Tawney,

I have a Yaesu box here at the house. You should have told me that you were looking at them and I would have let you borrow it or something. I like mine, but in my opinion you must buy it from Neil Vann (Rosebud) from down your way. He really takes his time setting up the box and teaching you how to use it. I would hate to try to figure it out on my own and that's probably why they have somewhat of a reputation. With Neil's help it's pretty easy. How's the cab-high that we built you doing?

Hope all is well,
    Brandon
    www.hotpursuitdogboxes.webs.com

QuickTrack 6000 all the way. little pricey but its way worth it!!

definately the yeasue I have one I use as a back up and a lot of times I just use it is so small it is easy to take in the woods I just stick it in my pocket. I programmed mine my self and found it to be easy.

brandon box is awesome man thanks alot yall did a great job really did ive been meaning to get on ur website to comment on it but been to busy hunting ive hunted everyday but two the past two weeks had some awesome running and put several on the box ended the vacation with a awesome cat race today. but hunting this week theres been several time i wanted two tracking boxes hunting around them hwys so im prolly going to get one soon. thanks for the advice

casey yea im going to need everything probly get a boaster as well