SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Raining and Nothing to do

GARY, I UNDERSTOOD YOUR FIRST POST AND AGREE. SOMEWHERE BETWEEN YOUR POST AND MY POST WE GOT JUMBLED. WHEN I WAS REFERING TO ONE TIMERS THAT'S A TERM WE USE FOR GUYS STARTING OUT AND GETTING WHATEVER-WHEREVER. I'M PRETTY SURE YOU HAVE AN EYE FOR A DOG. AGAIN IT WASN'T DIRECTED AT ONE PERSON, JUST THE FEEL OF THE HOUND SITUATION OUT THERE NOW. AND AS FAR AS THAT PUP, LAST I TALKED TO BUCKY YOUR NAME WAS ON ONE. I'M PROBABLY MISTAKEN AND WILL MAKE THAT RIGHT BY YOU. THERE WERE 6 AND DARRELL GOT ONE. I'M GONNA BREED HER TO K.O. IN ABOUT A MONTH. THAT'S THE KOOTER AND HECTOR CROSS THAT GOT 2ND&8TH AT OUR LAST HUNT(THEY ARE ABOUT 14-15 MONTHS OLD AND DOING WELL).I'LL HAVE ONE WITH YOUR NAME ON IT.

Pete, Gary,

I know both of you better than you know one another, and I am going to tell you that if you had just met and started talking about dogs you would have liked one another because you have very similar ideas about how to breed dogs.

I have been playing with fox beagles now for about 5 years. I enjoy it. I don't have any trail dogs right now, but I have some puppies coming.

Now, here's the irony. The Beagle breed is being watered down the same way you are talking about the walkers. We are a few years behind mind you, but if things keep going the way they have the past 5 years, 10 years from now the only hope you will have of getting a descent beagle will be going back to one of the few who have bred solid, all around dogs, or going back to good harehound stock.

Pete bucky did offer me a pup. Money wasn't right at that time so I had to decline the offer. You don't owe me a thing. Though I wouldn't turn a pup down and would give you one back in return. Here is the thing. Maybe bucky said it right. Maybe we think alike in ways. I don't know. I've always been quick tempered and I need to work on that. Usually 15 minutes later I'm over it. But that's just in my bloodline I guess. I will see you at the national and talk with you a bit on these dogs. I've heard things about you and so have you heard about me probably. I kinda like to make my own opinion about a man so maybe we can have a few laughs at the national. Or atleast put a face on each other. Get the ko,s right. I think I got a couple that have a fighting chance. We will see. I've been wrong before

GARY, BUCKY IS RIGHT. AND HE IS A VERY GOOD JUDGE OF A REAL DOG. I HAVEN'T HAD QUITE AS MUCH TIME TO SPEND WITH HIM AS I'D LIKE, BUT IN THE HANDFUL OF CONVERSATIONS WE'VE SHARED, I KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT HIS IDEA OF A DOG TO KNOW I WOULD KENNEL WITH HIM TOMORROW. AND THE OFFER OF THE PUP WASN'T TO SOOTH THIS DEAL BUT AN OFFER TO SPREAD THE GOOD GENES AROUND A LITTLE. I'M VERY PROUD OF MY STOCK AND SOMETIMES GET A LITTLE EXCITED. BUT LIKE THE OLD SAYING GOES, "RESULTS ARE RESULTS". I THINK MY PLAN IS WORKING. AND YA GOTTA HAVE A PLAN. AND LIKE BUCKY SAID, DON'T WATER IT DOWN. THAT BOOYAH GYP IS ATE UP WITH BEST BET AND SUMMERALL. NOT MUCH PURE STUFF LIKE IT LEFT.

Pete didn't say you were trying to soothe anything over. Simply stated that if you or anyone gave me a pup I'd give one back. That's the kinda hunter I am. I don't expect anyone to give to me. I aint much on the kissing and making up style either. Bucky is good ole boy. We pretty well grew up drinking the same water. As you stated, I gotta plan. I have seen stuff I like in all the bloodlines. Some more than others. Some not at all. Ill be looking for you at the national. We'll talk some there

Well dang pete since you are in a giveing mood how about GIVEING me something that i can at least get a trophy with,i'm getting tired of getting my butt handed to me in EVERY Association.Nah just kidding hope to see ya at nationals.

All I can say is this,I did'nt read everyone of these posts on here about (BEAGLES OUT DOING WALKERS)Variety of different opinions,challenges, and call outs of sorts! Here's the bottom line can any of you show me a pack of 15 beagles that can consistantly get after a fox on the outside run him an catch him within an hour on a very regular basis? Bring'um on cause I've seen a few dogs in my life that were FOX DOGS and they d... sure want beagles!! This subject gets brought up on here every few weeks and it's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever herd of!! Talk about how much better they are than walker hounds running rabbits and I believe you but dag gone if you ain't going to have to show me that a beagle is a better foxhound than what we feed round here!!Call it a challenge or what ever you want to! (BARBER)