SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Raining and Nothing to do

GARY, YOUR APOLOGY IS ACCEPTED BY THE REST OF THE WORLD. WHAT OFFENDED YOU IN MY POST? AND THE DOGS YOU HAVE RUN IN THE PAST? DID YOU BUY OR BREED THEM? THE FOURTH PLACE DOG AT OUR LAST HUNT, SOLO, YOU BOUGHT SIX MONTHS AGO AND SOLD TWO MONTHS AGO. WHOA UP A LITTLE BUDDY. I HAD SOLO AT MY HOUSE A YEAR AND A HALF AGO FOR THREE MONTHS TUNING HIM IN FOR DARRELL FOR THE 2 DAY AT BILLY'S IN 2007. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU MAY HAVE BOUGHT AND RAN AT WALKER HUNTS IN THE PAST NOR WHAT YOU BUY, RUN A LITTLE AND THEN SELL IN THE BEAGLE WORLD. MY COMMENTS WERE GENERAL AND CERTAINLY NOT DIRECTED AT YOU( I WOULDN'T WASTE THE TIME). HOLD YOUR FINGERS TOGETHER AND LISTEN AND YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING. AND KYLE, I DO NOT, WILL NOT AND HAVE NEVER BRED A HOUND OR HOUND CROSS TO A BEAGLE. I WOULDN'T WANT TO TAINT THE BLOOD I'VE WORKED 7-8 YEARS TO BE WHAT I WANT. I WASN'T TRYING TO CHALLENGE MLM BUT IF YOU'D LIKE TO RUN SOME, I'LL ARRANGE IT. BY THE WAY, I DON'T HAVE ANY 18" "BEAGLES" FOR SALE BUT IF YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS NEED SOME 15-16" DOGS LET ME KNOW. YOU COULD PROBABLY TRAIN YOUR PUPS WITH THE 7 MONTH OLDS I HAVE NOW.

Pete. What did you buy. See everyone knows your story to buddy. The dogs you have is what darrell let you get. And you said several things in your post that would offend everyone. When you said 90 percent of the hunters wouldn't know what a good dog is because they never owned one. And funny. Darrell was at our manning hunt and said he never seen solo running so strong. And I tell you another thing. You swear you got just the best in the world and nobody else has nothing. Funny how darrell still cutting your butt and you spent enuff money with him to probly buy a truck. See in an earlier post you admitted that you say things that come across wrong and when folks get offended you wanta know why. Maybe you oughts think about that. Mikie just burnt you pretty good last week because you trying to be mr know it all and smart behind. I have never met you but I am just itching to. What's gonna happen when you get whooped at the national. You still gonna tell everyone how much you know and how much smarter than the person that wins you are. Are you to blind to see that you are incapable of having a discusion without ******* someone off. I don't know a single person from sc that has one good thing to say about you. So if you don't already know you are labeled as a troublemaker and folks don't even care to be around you. Just the other day folks were talking about how you and another guy got into it at a hunt and doing some awful cussing right in front of women and kids. You need a reality check. And as you said in the above post. (I'm not gonna waste anymore time talking about or towards you) the talking is over. It probly be best if me and you stay away from one another. I won't respond to anything else. From this point if we have a problem we will take care of it at the national. Even if we get banned

GARY AND FASTBALL I HAVE TOO BASE THINGS ON WHAT I

HAVE SEEN !!! GARY I KNOW YOU OWNED HOUNDS AT ONE

TIME !!!! BUT WHAT I SAID WAS NOT A CHALLENGE BUT

WOULD LIKE TOO RIDE DOWN THERE AND SEE WHAT THE DEAL

IS !! NOW I ANIT CALLING OR SAYING EITHER OF YALL ARE

DUMB AZZES I JUST TEND TOO DISAGREE WITH YOU BOTH

IF YALL WERE THAT CONFIDENT IN WHAT YOU ARE SAYING

YOU WOULDN'T BE SO DEFENSIVE THAT IS MY OPINION ALSO

I TRUELY DON'T MEAN TOO OFFEND BUT DO DISAGREE AND

HOPE YOU GUYS WILL STILL EXTEND A GRACEFULL INVITE

TOO COME HUNT !! WHO KNOWS I MAYBE WRONG !!!! I HAVE

BEEN BEFORE !!!! GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING !!!!

LATER,

MICHAEL L. MITCHELL

GARY, GARY, GARY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE WITH ME IS. MY POST WASN'T DIRECTED AT YOU. IF YOU'D STOP AND TAKE A BREATH MAYBE YOU'D SEE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. TAKE OUR BEAGLES AND RUN WITH BARBER, POON, MLM, BARRY, MR. DAWSON, MR. FIELDS, THE PUVIS', MR. BAREFOOT, FRED WIGGINS, AND OTHERS WITH REAL FOX DOGS. THAT'S THE POINT OF MY POST. NOT PUPPY HUNT DOGS AND THE PILES OF HOUNDS BEING PRODUCED ON A DAILY BASIS. WE ALL KNOW BEAGLES HAVE GOOD NOSES AND LINE CONTROL AND THE ONES WE RUN HAVE PRETTY GOOD SPEED ALSO. BUT RUNNING WITH GOOD DOGS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. JUST LAST SUNDAY AT POOLES SOME GUYS SHOWED UP AN HOUR AFTER THE BOYS TURNED OUT WITH SOME HOUND PUPPIES. NOW THIS HAS HAPPENED SEVERAL TIMES IN THE PAST 2 MONTHS. EACH TIME OUR DOGS HAVE REALLY PUT ON A SHOW FOR THOSE GUYS AND THEIR PUPPIES. THEY GAINED A LOT OF RESPECT FOR US. BUT THIS LAST TIME, THERE WAS A SMALL HOUND FEMALE IN THE BUNCH THAT TOOK THE FRONT AND HAD IT FOR THREE HOURS. I MEAN SHE WAS DRAGGING EVERY DOG AROUND THAT PEN AND DOING IT RIGHT. NO CUTTING OR SNATCHING JUST FLAT OUT TIED TO HIM, NEVER LOST HIM, NO MISTAKES JAM UP RUNNING. THERE WAS NOTHING IN THE WORLD ANY BEAGLE COULD HAVE DONE TO CATCH HER. WE PUT PRESSURE ON AS BEST WE COULD BUT NO WAY. AND IT WASN'T BECAUSE SHE CAME IN LATE. SHE WAS JUST A VERY GOOD PUP. EVERY ONE OF THE GUYS WANTED TO OWN HER. AS FAR AS YOUR OPINION OF ME, WELL I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF NOR DO I CARE. AND NO I HAVEN'T BOUGHT A DOG FROM DARRELL IN ABOUT 4-5 YEARS. THE TRUCK YOU TALK ABOUT WOULD HAVE TO BE A 1984 TOYOTA WITH A FLAT TIRE. DARRELL AND I TRADE PUPS BETWEEN US( I GAVE HIM ONE OF THE FEMALES FROM THE TYSON X PSYCHO CROSS- I ALSO MADE SURE BUCKY GAVE YOU ONE - FOR FREE- AND I HOPE IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU-THE FEMALE I KEPT OUT OF THAT LAST CROSS JUST TURNED 11 MONTHS AND PLACED 8TH LAST WEEK)AND I HAVE A GYP OF HIS HERE I JUST BRED TO K.O. FOR HIM. I'M NOT IN THIS TO MAKE MONEY-HECK I GIVE DOGS TO THE BOYS( AND I JUST GAVE ONE TO THE YOUNG MAN THAT HAD HIS DOG SHOT DURING HUNTING SEASON) AND WILL GIVE-FOR FREE- A GOOD DOG TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN RUNNING BEAGLES. I HAVE PLENTY OF TIMES IN THE PAST AND WILL TOMORROW IF NEEDED. OPINIONS ARE LIKE...DON'T BE SO DEFENSIVE, I WASN'T QUESTIONING YOUR OPINION OF A DOG JUST LIKE I WOULDN'T MR. FOSTER OR POON OR BARBER OR ANY NUMBER OF GUYS ON THIS SITE WHO IN MY OPINION KNOW A DOG. I HAVE A STRONG OPINION OF ONE MYSELF HAVING RUN GREY FOX ABOUT 3 TIMES A WEEK FOR THE PAST 8-9 YEARS.
    OH YEAH, I FORGOT TO MENTION, THE OPINIONS OF ME DOWN SOUTH? DOESN'T BOTHER ME. AND IF YOU LOOK BACK AT THE CHRISTMAS AUCTION, I DONATED 2 PUPS, ONE WENT FOR $225.00(HIGHEST AMOUNT FOR A PUP) AND THE OTHER WENT FOR $180.00 I THINK. BOTH TO SOUTH CAROLINA. THERE WAS AROUND $1,650.00 DOLLARS RAISED. WITH 2 SIX WEEK OLD PUPS I BROUGHT IN 25%. CAMERON DID A GREAT THING FOR KIDS AND I HOPE HE DOES IT AGAIN THIS YEAR. I WILL HELP HIM OUT ANY WAY I CAN. I'M NOT SURE WHY YOU THINK IT'S OK TO TAKE A SHOT AT ME BUT SO BE IT. I WILL BE AT THE NATIONAL TO GET OUTRUN AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

Ok mlm. I wasn't talking about you at all. And yes I love to hunt with anyone. We got a place you can stay if you want. I'd love to. Pete we talked before. I'm not taking a shot. I think beyond the shadow of a doubt you got good stuff. Heck its summerall, its gotta be. Pete the only thing is and you admitted it once before. The things you post come off as smart cracks. As I said. Ill see you at the national and I will introduce myself. Maybe we both are one a diferent frequency. Who knows. I got a fast temper and admitt that. And if you read every post I put it originally started by saying what has happend to the breed. I aslo mentioned all the guys like barefoot and them. A beagle don't stand a fighting chance against a good walker. The whole point everyone was making is that the majority of them are gone. The bulk of them can't run with a beagle and that's bad. And pete I didn't have to and won't have to buy something to get my name called. I got some in the oven now you will see in the future hunt results. That's a promise. Again I will see you very soon at the national. And those pups went to bucky greg and mr percy. I didn't get one. So I don't know where my free pup is. Haha. Pete as I said I will come introduce myself to you and we will talk face to face. The worst thing that can happen is we disagree.

Gary, I understand what you mean.

Everybody should know that a beagle dont stand a chance with a walker that knows how to run something. The crap I put my eyes on in the FEW puppy hunts I attended in the spring of 06 and 07, a dang 11 beagle could have out performed the majority. The one day puppy hunts have produced more dogs than Baby Boom. Sure there are alot of good puppy hunters out there but I saw alot of folks that flat out didnt know anything but SPEEEEEDDDDD!!! Which resulted in the 2 to 3 dog races and 60 swingers stabbing after the fox just long enough to be seen. Yeah speed really did alot of good there. A man places 4 or 5 times with a dog like that, he breeds the B@$+@RD. ANd guess what, he could run squat to begin with. Which in turn is why an oversized beagle bred for foot can out perform the majority of that "style" of dog. In a nutshell, Thats what you're saying. And you are right.

GARY ALWAYS GOOD TALKING TOO GOOD FOLKS I UNDERSTAND

YOUR POINT EXACTLY !!! COME GO HUNTING WITH US OR WE

WILL GO YOUR WAY !!!! ROOSTER YOU SAID IT ALL BROTHER

!!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNGTING

LATER,

MICHAEL L. MITCHELL

GARY, I UNDERSTOOD YOUR FIRST POST AND AGREE. SOMEWHERE BETWEEN YOUR POST AND MY POST WE GOT JUMBLED. WHEN I WAS REFERING TO ONE TIMERS THAT'S A TERM WE USE FOR GUYS STARTING OUT AND GETTING WHATEVER-WHEREVER. I'M PRETTY SURE YOU HAVE AN EYE FOR A DOG. AGAIN IT WASN'T DIRECTED AT ONE PERSON, JUST THE FEEL OF THE HOUND SITUATION OUT THERE NOW. AND AS FAR AS THAT PUP, LAST I TALKED TO BUCKY YOUR NAME WAS ON ONE. I'M PROBABLY MISTAKEN AND WILL MAKE THAT RIGHT BY YOU. THERE WERE 6 AND DARRELL GOT ONE. I'M GONNA BREED HER TO K.O. IN ABOUT A MONTH. THAT'S THE KOOTER AND HECTOR CROSS THAT GOT 2ND&8TH AT OUR LAST HUNT(THEY ARE ABOUT 14-15 MONTHS OLD AND DOING WELL).I'LL HAVE ONE WITH YOUR NAME ON IT.

Pete, Gary,

I know both of you better than you know one another, and I am going to tell you that if you had just met and started talking about dogs you would have liked one another because you have very similar ideas about how to breed dogs.

I have been playing with fox beagles now for about 5 years. I enjoy it. I don't have any trail dogs right now, but I have some puppies coming.

Now, here's the irony. The Beagle breed is being watered down the same way you are talking about the walkers. We are a few years behind mind you, but if things keep going the way they have the past 5 years, 10 years from now the only hope you will have of getting a descent beagle will be going back to one of the few who have bred solid, all around dogs, or going back to good harehound stock.

Pete bucky did offer me a pup. Money wasn't right at that time so I had to decline the offer. You don't owe me a thing. Though I wouldn't turn a pup down and would give you one back in return. Here is the thing. Maybe bucky said it right. Maybe we think alike in ways. I don't know. I've always been quick tempered and I need to work on that. Usually 15 minutes later I'm over it. But that's just in my bloodline I guess. I will see you at the national and talk with you a bit on these dogs. I've heard things about you and so have you heard about me probably. I kinda like to make my own opinion about a man so maybe we can have a few laughs at the national. Or atleast put a face on each other. Get the ko,s right. I think I got a couple that have a fighting chance. We will see. I've been wrong before

GARY, BUCKY IS RIGHT. AND HE IS A VERY GOOD JUDGE OF A REAL DOG. I HAVEN'T HAD QUITE AS MUCH TIME TO SPEND WITH HIM AS I'D LIKE, BUT IN THE HANDFUL OF CONVERSATIONS WE'VE SHARED, I KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT HIS IDEA OF A DOG TO KNOW I WOULD KENNEL WITH HIM TOMORROW. AND THE OFFER OF THE PUP WASN'T TO SOOTH THIS DEAL BUT AN OFFER TO SPREAD THE GOOD GENES AROUND A LITTLE. I'M VERY PROUD OF MY STOCK AND SOMETIMES GET A LITTLE EXCITED. BUT LIKE THE OLD SAYING GOES, "RESULTS ARE RESULTS". I THINK MY PLAN IS WORKING. AND YA GOTTA HAVE A PLAN. AND LIKE BUCKY SAID, DON'T WATER IT DOWN. THAT BOOYAH GYP IS ATE UP WITH BEST BET AND SUMMERALL. NOT MUCH PURE STUFF LIKE IT LEFT.

Pete didn't say you were trying to soothe anything over. Simply stated that if you or anyone gave me a pup I'd give one back. That's the kinda hunter I am. I don't expect anyone to give to me. I aint much on the kissing and making up style either. Bucky is good ole boy. We pretty well grew up drinking the same water. As you stated, I gotta plan. I have seen stuff I like in all the bloodlines. Some more than others. Some not at all. Ill be looking for you at the national. We'll talk some there

Well dang pete since you are in a giveing mood how about GIVEING me something that i can at least get a trophy with,i'm getting tired of getting my butt handed to me in EVERY Association.Nah just kidding hope to see ya at nationals.

All I can say is this,I did'nt read everyone of these posts on here about (BEAGLES OUT DOING WALKERS)Variety of different opinions,challenges, and call outs of sorts! Here's the bottom line can any of you show me a pack of 15 beagles that can consistantly get after a fox on the outside run him an catch him within an hour on a very regular basis? Bring'um on cause I've seen a few dogs in my life that were FOX DOGS and they d... sure want beagles!! This subject gets brought up on here every few weeks and it's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever herd of!! Talk about how much better they are than walker hounds running rabbits and I believe you but dag gone if you ain't going to have to show me that a beagle is a better foxhound than what we feed round here!!Call it a challenge or what ever you want to! (BARBER)