SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Dog shaking head all the time?

Thanks Bubba, what is the best way to get rid of them

Re: Re: Dog shaking head all the time?

1/2 cc of ivermect in each ear will get rid of them
    cattle tags seems to prevent them after you get rid of them

i've seen all kinds of recipes for earmites, but there are several "over the counter" meds....happy jack has one that about all feed and farm and garden stores have.search on the site for ear mites , i'm certain some will pop-up

Kevin I had some dogs doing the same thing, I think it was ear mites , I tried the ivermec lasted a little while but they came back. Somebody told me about this stuff at Southern States caled NU-STOCK, it's good for alot of things but it was made for ear mites. I did 25 dogs that day and only had to do 2 or 3 over again that was over a year ago.It's a thick yellow paste and it says you can mix it with baby oil to thin it . 1cc in each ear. Hopes this helps it did for me. Later Rambo

Lumberjack, spray each ear with lighter fluid, it's okay to get some on the outside of the ear, then you call your buddy Lost dog/sheep to come over and hold his lighter so you can look inside the ear guaranteed to cure most anything in the ear or close by

I haven't had this problem in my hounds,BUT I have in my aussies. The seargents ear mite medication at walmart cleared it up.

It could possibly be ear mites or the subsequent effects of ear mites which is infection. Clean the ear out with a typical ear cleansing solution; for dogs. NEVER USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE to treat ear infections as this will further complicate and catalyze the illness. Clean the outer ear throughly with the solution and wipe the excess wax and matter with a cotton swab. Then apply the "Puffer Brand" ear and eye infection powder into the ear canal once daily. This product can be purchased at most feed stores. During this regiment of treatment I like to also give the dog Penicillin, once a day, But before before using this particular method make sure that the dog is rid of ear mites. However, if the dog is severley effected then the infection usually occurs. I have a Boyklin Spaniel that has a lot of trouble with his ears and this method has proven to help him.

I hope this helps.