SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Who has the best pack?

No, I hain't ever used one and don't intend to. Ya'll get up here and talk all about fox huntin and you use a tape. Like I said, ya'll had me fooled. Chris it probably ain't that hard to fool me because I take things in as black or white, or one or the other. I know what my 80yr. old uncle would call it. He tell you right quick that that is the easy way and ain't much different than the wire.

Just cause he's eighty doesn't mean he knows a dog. I know plenty of old men that have hunted all their life and the last 25 years I been around them they haven't owned one worth feedin.

Thats right Poon, jumping him is just the first step. I kinda like going hunting and running something, not beating and slamming all day doing nothing.

Kyle I ain't going to try and tell you about who knows a dog and who don't. But I will tell you this I was talking to Poon and Chris and when I want an opinion from a lowly deer hunter like you,(that's what you call yourself) I'll ask for it. I don't know the older men you been around but I know my uncle.

James you make it sound like using a tape every now and then, is a free pass to tailing a fox.

Kyle let me ask you something. Are you your self a FOX HUNTER. Not your good buddy or your brother in-law or your sister or you cousin's uncle but are you a FOX HUNTER? And I never said anything about tailing a fox I said it was the EASY WAY, AND NOT MUCH TO IT

No sir. I've never claimed to be a real foxhunter. Be easy there big fella, you seem to be gettin riled up just a bit. You got me pegged... I'm just a lowly deer hunter.

Kyle Stotesberry
    (Lowly Deerhunter)
    252-809-9124

I like to get on here and read, but Kyle you never say anything positive, you always go against the grain to slam something, Is your life that miserable?

I wish they made a deer tape!! Seen days id play it till my speakers broke!

STOTES.....i thought you said last week after your little time out that you were going to post what people wanted to hear.....i don't think your doing that in this case

James, I'd say its easier than the wire as far as gettin after him. There is nothing to jumping one if he will come to the tape. My wife can do that!

I am not saying it is right or wrong to use the call. I am saying when it works, it works real good!

James are you too proud to put after a volunteer too?

You're right Poon anyone can call one up but cant everyone stay after him and catch him! And James I'm sure there probably want no such of thing as a tape or tape player back when your uncle was hunting but I bet a lot of folks back then would have loved to have it on a record! (BARBER)

When you hunt the areas we do, unless you are off work 7 days a week, you better have a plan B! Houses on top of houses, this landowner don't want you here, this one has horses and so forth and so on. You don't have time for the "trail" dog to look under every leaf and every pile of brush. Or you better have something that can hunt quick, if its not hot leave it alone and move on, thats the kind of hunting dog I want. Hey Ive seen alot of foxes called up and not run him a step!

when they came out with pickup trucks, the old timers said they ain't hauling their dogs in no truck bed. A real hound will walk with his master or follow the horse. When they came out with CB radio the old timers said they didn't need one to stay in the hunt.But.......they all got one.

You all ain't got to explain yourselves to me. I was just giving my opinion, my point of veiw. You play your tape and I'll keep huntin the way I always have. It maybe the hard way but its the way I beleive in. I understand about all the obsticles, I fight withem too. I just couldn't do it that way. Call it pride or what ever. It is what it is.

Hey Vince, has your betch started showing that was bred to Sonny?

Naw, not yet Poon. The 2 I bred to Radar have caught! 1 should find pups in 2.5 weeks the other about in about 3.5 weeks. I will let you know if she has caught as soon as I can tell.

Poon what are you still doing up? Sure hope the rain will hold off for a little while in the morning! Love to have at least one like last Sunday!!(BARBER)

Reggie Edwards and Jeff Williams out of Grimesland have two packs that can catch a fox quick. All are broke foxhounds and handle like a baby. Reggie and his famous ch.midnite threw alot of hounds in CH bloodlines today. Highball, Jenny, MR. Fred and the list goes on.