SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    More Garmin info

Got an Email from Garmin I thought interesting and would like to share:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I am happy to answer your question. Change the collar IDs will change the frequency at which they transmit. Below is a table of the of the IDs and the frequencies they transmit.
    Freq. 1 – 151.820 MHz - Comm. Settings 0 – 9
    Freq. 2 – 151.880 MHz - Comm. Settings 10 – 19
    Freq. 3 – 151.940 MHz - Comm. Settings 20 – 29
    Freq. 4 - 154.570 MHz – Comm. Settings 30 – 39
    Freq. 5 - 154.600 MHz – Comm. Settings 40 – 49
    Freq. 4 and 5 are also part of the business band which may cause additional interference.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
    Does changing collar IDs change the collars frequency?

If youre running VHF radios you can have problems due to close frequencys. UHF is no problem.

Re: More Garmin info

Thanks Chip! Gota buddy that bought $5000 worth of collars from them with no forewarning of any interference with them. Looks like to me they would have cautioned a man purchasing 20 collars of possible interference knowing there are only 50 id numbers. Guess its all about that mighty $$$!

JUST STARTING TO LOOK AT THE GARMIN SYSTEM -DOES THIS MEAN THAT THERE IS ONLY 50 CHANNELLS AVAILABLE FOR THERE WHOLE SYSTEM OR JUST ONE BOX -IS THERE A POSSIBILITY AS THESE THINGS GET MORE POPULAR OF OTHER HUNTERS COLLARS SHOWING UP ON YOUR BOX IS MY REAL QUESTION -DAVID BAILEY

Re: Re: More Garmin info

David,

that is correct only 50 channels to choose from, you can change any collar to any of the 50 channels.

if everyone gets a garmin, it way be hard to track your hounds.

gl,
    Randy

I'll tell you this, even if it gets to where you can't track your dog at a field trial, I will still own one. 95% of my hunting is pleasure and 5% field trial. I bought a box and eight collars and as informative as this thing is, by spring, I probably won't have eight dogs to hang em on. It will let you know right quick what you need to feed and what you don't.