SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: 10 inches of snow!!!

kipp now go run your dogs lol........keep it all up there...good luck

DANG KIPP...What you do to make the weatherman mad? Know it's tough on y'all up there right now! Hope they get things cleaned up & back to normal in a hurry! Just make sure to take care of your hounds!! Good Luck!

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

allen his hounds dont like him ..they know he hangs out with the dog catcher

Re: Marlowe & Kipp....

If that's true...don't blame his hounds a bit....sort of like sleeping with the enemy!!

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

kip how far r u from phily.kelly

Kipp, sorry to hear about all the damages y'all have!! I guess it's a good thing we are under the influence of GLOBAL WARMING huh? Anyhow, good luck with the cleanup and hope nobody gets hurt. Happy huntin. Russ Talbott

Hey Kipp we are getting likey the same snow storm.Blizzard like conditions and high winds 40 to 50 miles per hour and sometimes gusting higher.lt took my wife 2 hours to drive home from work.Which is 30 miles.She said that the roads are very hazardous and very poor Visbilities.And Power outages all over the place.They are calling for 1 foot of snow.lt is a good night to just sit by the wood stove.Take care..
    Ron.b

Sorry that I didn't respond sooner but, we are still without power at the house. We run a backup generator at the office, so I have power here. We ended up with a total of 12 1/2 inches of snow at the house. Power is still out and there is widespread power outages throughout the Pocono's. The odd thing is that you travel 11 miles north toward Scranton and there is literaly NO SNOW, just rain.

I will say, it was probably the best night sleep I had in a long time. You don't realize how loud your home is, with refrigerators, ice boxes, heating fans, etc. running. I burn coal for my heat source, and it is an old fashioned hand stoke, hand shake and hand dump stove. I cuss this thing most of the time because of the labor needed to keep it running. However, it was a godsend last evening. The home was a comfortable 74 degrees all night.

I must say, it was kind of nice just sitting around and taking in the quiet evening. I sat in the living room with my head lamp on and reading a book. I got six chapters under my belt. By the way, a great book titled Fifty years of Hunting and Trapping by, E.N. Woodcock. He was a hunter / trapper from Potter County Pennsylvania. It is his memoirs from 1863 to 1914.

What a difference two weeks can make! At the Brunswick you were sweating and swatting "skeeters" and wishing for cooler weather! Be careful what you wish for! If you were one of those "**** Yankees", as you called them, you wouldn't be dealing with all the snow!

Good Luck
    Highball

Highball,
    I never will complain about snow. This is a coyote hunters dream! We will be putting dogs on tracks this wekend for sure. I look forward to the winter in Pennsylvania. That is why I will never (never say never)be a **** yankee .

Poor boy still nice and sunny in the Carolinas Ha ha Gene