SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: More enforcement of Hunting Laws

John - The reason inwhich I posted the article was to inform you and other members of speeddog. The current rules and regulations need to be enforced but not at the extent of using a different color verison than the meaning of the regulation itself. He is a sgt and has men at his command, Do all cpo's under his command see the regulation his way or do they read and act on it a different way. How one percieves the law another may not and act accordingly.

JOHN LOCKE,
    I AM NOT TRYING TO STIR ANY POTS,BUT AM I TOO A RADICAL FOR DEFENDING SOMETHING THAT HAS BROUGHT ONLY PLEASURE AND POSITIVE EXPERIENCES TO ME , MY FRIENDS, AND FAMILY. AGAIN, THE OVERIDING PROBLEM WITH THE ENTIRE ISSUE IS THE LUMPING OF ALL HOUND HUNTERS INTO A SITUATION WHERE WE FEEL THE NEED TO BE DEFENSIVE AND REACT TO OUR DETRACTORS DUE TO THE ACTIONS OF A FEW.

I HAVE BEEN CALLED A LOT OF THINGS,BUT RADICAL ISNT ONE OF THEM.
    JMMJR,VHDA

John Morse,
    I welcome your defense. The lumping of all hound hunters is a very serious problem but I believe that the overriding problem is "the actions of a few". As you defend what I trust are honorable hunting habits, don't make the same mistake made by your detractors and lump yourself in with all hound hunters as a defensive posture. Be willing to stand out to challenge those "few". Be part of the process versus protesting on the side. Support fair measures intended to improve the situation for all ethical hunters. Rich Goszka presented a reasonable interpretation of existing law along with a reasonable plan of enforcement. In his first post (not the article), he states,
    "What I don’t understand is that y’all wanted us to enforce the existing laws, then when we do you question the intent of the law v. the letter of the law. I did not pull this stuff out of a hat. Some of it comes from Attorney General Opinions and case law. We do try to use common sense when dealing with violations." That is the best that a law enforcement officer can do and it appears that Rich is doing a great job.

THESE RULES BEEN IN VIRGINIA FOR YEARS. IN KING WILLIAM COUNTY YOU HAVE TO BE 100 YARDS OFF THE ROAD TO HAVE A LOADED FIRE ARM DURING HUNTING SEASON. RUNNING DOGS ON DEER IN VIRGINIA DURING THE OFF SEASON IS OUT. FOX HOUNDS IS CONTINUOS OPEN SEASON.WE HAVE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM SEVERAL TIMES RUNNING DEER. MY ADVICE IS TO KEEP YOUR TRUCK MOVING WHEN YOU HERE SOME ONE COMING.THEY HAVE TO PROVE OR SEE YOUR DOGS RUNNING DEER. I USE TO GET PERMISSION FROM LAND OWNERS TO PARK IN THERE YARD TO HERE MY DOGS RUN. THANKS FOR FOX PENS.

JOHN LOCKE,
    YOU MAKE SOME GOOD POINTS.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AND THE PEOPLE I KNOW AND HUNT WITH HAVE BEEN STANDING UP TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE POOR DECISIONS WHILE HUNTING FOR YEARS. SIMPLY PUT, WE DONT TOLERATE IT.

FURTHER, I COMMEND RICH AND ALL OTHER CPO STAFF.THEY HAVE A TOUGH THANKLESS JOB. MY GROUPS HAVE ALWAYS COOPERATED WITH THEM. ALTHOUGH ITS BEEN MANY YEARS AGO, WE LET THE WARDENS IN N.C. USE OUR CLUBHOUSE TO STAY IN WHILE THEY INVESTIGATED A LARGE FIRELIGHTING, DEER MEAT SELLING RING IN CUURITUCK N. C.. THIS RESULTED IN A MAJOR BUST AND I BELIEVE SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY GOING TO JAIL.

MY MAJOR POINT IS THE WAY THE ISSUE HAS BEEN FRAMED FROM THE START. AS AN ANALOGY,I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF LAWFUL CAR DRIVERS IN OUR STATE WOULD REACT DEFENSIVELY IF DMV INITIATED A GENERAL STUDY OF CAR DRIVING AS A RESPONSE TO THOSE WHO DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE.THAT IS NOT MY UNDERSTANDING OF HOW OUR SOCIETY DEALS WITH PROBLEMS .

AT ANY RATE,HERES HOPING WE ALL DO THE RIGHT THING THIS SEASON.
    JMMJR,VHDA

The study is over with, debating it now does not help the sport. The debate now should surround around the issues confronting hound hunting and how to address them. Think solutions and image, just as you did in the Pilot article and video now that had some real impact. The real issue is how do we get the message to those causing the problems either intentional or just out of ignorance.