SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Lab Report back on dead hounds

I have gone to great lengths not to answer certian e-mails or to talk about this until I had all the results back on the 3 dogs I lost 2 weeks ago, I spoke with most of the other hunters who experienced a loss most had the same sympodms with swelling of the feet as well as the legs with death within 3 days most within 2 days . I dont blame anyone for my loss except myself. Nowdays we travel great distances to enjoy our sport sometimes we come in contact with germs our dogs are not accoustom to and it is to treir demise . let me start by saying what killed my dogs and others is prevenable with antibiotics befor and during hunts . this killer can and is lurking around but is able to only kill dogs whom have supressed imune systems with no antibiotics being given the mortality rate is very high . Most vets after looking would say it could be distemper in a dog who had a mild case and hung around for 2- 3 weeks wasting away and then passing , In the fast death there is swelling then the bacteria after allready causing blood poising filters through the kidneys shuting them down with septic shock now starting after death swelling goes down. this bacteria can be in damp moist places or in water it is most efective when entering the body from cuts on legs or feet. This bacteria is rare in our area because our winters are cold enough to kill it . No one is at fault , We all need to watch out for each other ,if you have a dog to die unexplainable send him to a lab they can for 2 weeks tell you what did not kill him and eventually what did. money well spent for peace of mind. When you go to your next hunt give Injectable 2-3 days before durring and a few days after you should be fine. Thanks for taking time to read this The bacteria is called Chromobacterium Violaceum AS ALLWAYS Wound Tight Stacy Robinson

Re: Lab Report back on dead hounds

Stacie...you referring to Penicillen injectable??
    Thanks for the post! Just trying to learn what to do for protection in the future!
    And sorry for your loss! We all hate to lose good hounds. Especially if it is preventable!!
    Best of Luck to you!

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

This does not appear to be contagious or passed the comtaminate must enter a wound to be effective . Remember This is on My dogs. Other Hunters dogs had same symptoms and died about the same time but I can not say that is what killed theirs. Stacy

Yes Allen The lab said it was very suspitable to penicillie

Re: Re: Lab Report back on dead hounds

Thanks for the info...most of the time..I give em a penicillen shot two days before a hunt. Old fella said it would prevent a lot of stuff ....
    Thanks again

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

see new update dated tuesday

Stacey was these the dogs that died after the SC State hunt in Manning?

Hal E- mail me wtknl@windstream.net Stacie Robinson

BTTT