SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    IP LAND in Georgetown SC

Has anyone heard if IP is letting the old dog clubs get the leases back on there land in Georgetown, South Carolina. i heard they couldnt get still hunters to lease it and they wanted to turn a profit so they are leasing it back to the very same dog clubs they took it from several years ago.

Re: IP LAND in Georgetown SC

Let us know if this turns out to be true, Would be valuable info for our cause later on down the road,,Thanks

IP no longer owns any land. You can read that on IP's website. It was bought from IP a year ago by Resource Management Services and believe me they do not want dog hunting.

Well if the still hunters want lease the land, they will take money the best way they can. I am just saying that several dog hunters from georgetown have told me this past weekend that they are getting the lease back on there old clubs that was previously owned by IP. Now RMS or whatever.

we here in VA had several thousand acres IP sold to a company called WESTERVELT here is there link.http://www.westerveltwildlife.com/content/view/1/7/
    we are a dog hunting club and still have it. hope this helps hope what you heard is true maybe they will realize they need dog hunters !
    John

Re: Re: IP LAND in Georgetown SC

Resource Management is the middle man the land is now owned by Red Mountain Timber Co.

Just like John, I hunt In VA as well. What you're hearing is probably true. IP doesn't deal with the land sustainable products forestry, and Blue Sky mgmt. co., bought our land that we rent, and one piece that has been closed to all hunters for a few years was reopened for us the first time it was available. So to say that the old dog hunters were given a shot at the lease again is not out of the question.

Re: Re: IP LAND in Georgetown SC

We hunt in North carolina and leased IP land! They sold to RMS and we get the lease every year, as we did with IP. It just cost a little more than IP did. Same people, just different company name!!