SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: COTTONTAIL HEATHANS

You got that right Mike. He's got robots for dogs, they all act and look alike, plus he is a heck of a good man. I don't care if he gets mad at me. I know what I'm talkng about.

i've got 3 that are heathens on rabbit, but i can't hunt them anywhere much because they are heathans on anything theyt come across. got plenty of speed too.

bill, i would not consider deer running beagles to be good gun stock breeding for rabbit hunting. i don't have good ones either, but their are a few that do and don't run deer naturaly. i think it is harder to get a great pack of rabbit beagles than it is to get a great pack of foxhounds. bad breeding has almost ruined the beagle for bunny hunting, that is why not as many do it any more. just my opinion.
    doghunter

I went hunting with Mike and Robert Lynch last year and they have some right fair dogs. If I was judging them on speed they would be close to what I would call field trial gun dog speed.

It has been a few years since I talked with him but, John Puckett had some that could put a hurting on a bunny. Johns were faster than field trial gun dog speed.

I kept a pack of beagles for close to 15 years never had one that was born broke but most were not hard to break. My cousin and I had grade dogs that we knew the breeding on. They had good speed with them, would make a few checks but, they could sure run him. I found that certain registerd blood lines were more prone to run deer that others.

Randy Pinkleton of Petersburg, VA has some of the best brush busting rabbit heathens I've seen.

And have seen Pinkleton's dogs catch and eat rabbits on several occasions.