SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    VA HOUND HUNTERS is it possible.

What do you think the possibility to have a hunt and fund raiser at Pooles in January were we could have ALL groups come together, Bear, Bird, Coon, Rabbit, Deer, Fox...Hunters come together and form one core group with 1 or 2 individuals from each dog hunting Orginization in Virginia. Maybe somewhat of a dog running / pork festival type fundraiser with the proceeds going to the newly formed coaliton. Maybe we could even talk old David Cooler and his band to play some music. I would think you would have no problem getting 1000 $50 per dog entrys plus 10 bucks from everyone that comes in the gate or $20-25 if you fed everyone. Not make it about the hunt as much as to raise money and form a group that represents and will have the $power$ to fight on everyones behalf. I think it would be possible to even get some local clubs to sell stew or butts as people go out the door. Im sure this is a pipe dream but just a thought. I know it will take alot of $ and powerful influence to protect our way of life and a parent group like this should be beneficial to all the smaller groups I would think. Not that it would even have to be at Pooles because you might would need something like RIR that could hold more people?

Re: VA HOUND HUNTERS is it possible.

The idea is very good, but I don't think it whould be for a new organization.

First, we already have too man y organizations.

Second, the organizations that exist have contacts and have already done a lot of work.

A new organization would start from that day in January and would be standing at the station while the train is pulling out.

CSSJR

IT DOES SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA,MAYBE THE HEADS OF THE VA.BEARHUNTERS ASS. THE VADHA AND OTHER ORGS POOL THEIR TOP PEOPLE TO MAKE A PARENT ORG.WITH ALL THE PROCEEDS GOING TO HELP IN THE FUTURE LEGAL BATTLES THAT WE ARE SURE TO FACE,AND BATTLES IN THE G.A.

Mr. Sutton, I was not suggesting replacing any of the current org's just having a parent company that is only made up from members of each hound organization we have in Virginia that pertains to the a Hunting K-9. I feel our organizations fight each other and pull members from each other. (divided we fall) is kind of how my perception is. You would have your local association, chapters and your state chapter. When I see members of two associations on this board scrapping it out for the public I feel like the hound hunter is loosing.

I do remember now that you indicated that, but I missed the significance.

It sounds like a good idea. As the old saying goes, the devil is in the details.

If our organizations are going to fight each other today, what is going to make them decide to make love tomorrow?

I think having a fund raiser is commendable.

I am just not sure how you will get the best use of the money.

Maybe some person who is really good at working out a plan could come up with a list of things that every organization can agree on even though they might disagree on everything else.

That way, all organizations would agree to work together and spend that money resolving those particular problems and the individual clubs could go on their own on the items not on that list.

Just an idea.

CSSJR