SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Re: Re: Hoehners Slick H.

I've got a gyp off Slinger and a Malphur's Stretch gyp that is as nice as they come. Not shy at all but will climb a 6 ft. fence faster than you can walk thru the gate.

Re: Hoehners Slick H.

I got three off of slinger h not shy at all, above average speed and plenty of bottom, probably better for 3 days than 1 days though

One of the Slick-H puppies is currently in the top 10 in the Top Gun at Creedmoor right now. Slick-H is currently residing at Davey Hackett's kennel as well. Full of heart and plenty of speed, so he's good both ways!

What is he off of ?

Slick and Slinger are two different hounds. And the Slingers are not shy. Not saying you could never get a shy one, but over all they are not shy at all. I have raised over 100 myself and have seen nearly a 1000 very few shy pups. There are 4 out of Slinger that I know of that scored 400 or more the first day of top gun today. All I can say if you dont like getting your name called dont get any Slingers.

Jason he is off of Hoehners superman.I have a gyp at my kennels that is off of Hoehners Slick H. and Hackett's Squeak and squeak is off of CH.Hoehners slide.im looking to breed her to good stud hound in March when she comes back in.

Windy, I live about 40 miles from all three of the Hoehner brothers and I know the 'Slingers' well. In this world anything can happen but the vast majority of Ch. Slinger's offspring ARE NOT shy. Possibly, some of Slinger's puppies were not socialized properly when they were little. It is a fact that most of them are not shy. The Good Time Charlie from southern Illinois

Gregory i made that cross she was my gyp & very shy how does your gyp run the male i have left can run with my big dogs as for SLICK H. he is a complete hound good speed full of heart can make young dogs stop in the road wondering which way he went just because of his track running ability and tuff enough
    to three day any ?s fill free to call 434-610-3533

John Hoehner just placed 3 dogs out of Slinger in the top 10 of the Top Gun. Doubt they were shy, jealousy is a terrible fault to have. If you think you have a good hound, drive half way across the country and put them in a BIG hunt, hope that somebody claps for you and then brag.

the one i hunt are not shy ///just don't want too quite running

Well I have a male from Scotty Hohener and one from Jerrod and the male I had REAL SHY PROBLEMS WITH!!!
    THE GYP FROM JERROD IS SO SHY that she runs and hides from other dogs. SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A HOEHNER SLINGER H PUP...I WOULD NEVER DO IT AGAIN!!!!

Steve Dortch/Howlin' Hounds Kennel what is the bottom side of the Malphurs Stretch gyp you had bred to Slinger. I have had alot of Stretch dogs and still have some gyps that are off of him that are pretty good.

Windy.....you couldn't tell they were shy before you bought them?????

Kyle thanks for the phone # the other day got what I was looking for. Appreciate it

Hey Windy, put your real name on here when you post, or call me personally at 618-924-0079 or 618-827-4219.

John Hoehner

Windy,
    If you bought a pup from me it was very small when you got it and it is possable it could have turned out to be shy. Tell me your real name and get in contact with me I will bring you another pup to replace it next time I come your way. But dont bash the Slingers by saying they are all shy because that is not true. I have made you an offer few people will make you. 618-201-5407

I got 4 Slinger H's and they are some nice hounds. None of them are shy. I have one from Jerrod and two from Scott, The ones I got from Jerrod are not shy at all and I got them as pups, one of the one's from Scott was a pup too. Very easy handling.

Re: Re:John Morris

John,
    My gyp is off Slinger X LP's Stretch (Malphur's Stretch X Dudley's Hillary) and bred by Elijah Ellis. Sorry it took so long to reply but I have been busy coaching fall baseball. Steve/HHK