SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: question for you Virginia and NC deer hunters

I hunt in eastern NC and we generally just cast the hounds where we have had luck in the past. BUT when we see a big track we will cast there. we have some luck doing it this way

cast and blast...lol

Down here in eastern nc we deer hunt. We like to jump'um, run'um, crack a ball at'um, make'um start leaking transmission fluid, put'em on the truck, take'em to the gamble and then DeBONE'EM. Round here we have stews, steak, sausage, deer burgers and all that jazz. We kill'um and eat'um. Sure everybody likes to kill a buck but round my house we're looking some meat. FREE CAST AND GET AFTER HIS A$$.

I DONT GENERALY CARE FOR A COLD NOSE TRAIL 2HOURS DOG. WHEN THE TAIL GATE DROPS THE BULL**** STOPS.PATTERSON

SOMETIMES WE GET THE CHANCE TO SEE A BUCK CROSS THE ROAD{DIRT ROADS ON OUR PROPERTY} AND WE HAVE COLDER NOSED DOGS WE CAN START ON HIM BUT MOST OF THE TIME WE JUST CAST AND BLAST.

Well if yall get any of them cold nose hounds you don't want i will take some of them and i know plenty of guys that will take the rest of them

Thats the way I hunt if I can find a nice buck track.Just a couple weeks ago a boy told me about some fresh scrapes he saw so I turned out a good nose and started trailing in notime.Trailed for about 20 minutes and he got em on his toes ran him and all the walkers decided to pack up and a boy killed him. Big 9 point.80 degrees dry as a bone and about 20 mph south wind.

If we dont find any buckish-looking tracks we put on scrapes like yall do James. We killed a nice 8 pt last year by walking a dog out to the scrape and he trailed it for 40 minutes before jumping him. We can only kill bucks in both clubs i am in down here, so we try to jump as many bucks as possible. When we get doe tags occasionally we cast and blast too.