SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: 2-Day Derby H.G.A. November 21, 22

Is this for november 1st and after or november 21st and after.

Re: Re: 2-Day Derby H.G.A. November 21, 22

A derby hound is a hound that is less than 2 on the first day of cast. You entered him as a hound less than 2. On Nov. 22, your hound turns 2, You are ok because it was not 2 on the 21st of Nov. If it turns 2 on the 21st, it is not a derby hound because it is 2 before the first day's cast.

While we are on the subject, in my opinion, anyone putting on puppy hunts should say 12 months from the day of the hunt, not the beginning of the month. This way, people would not lie, let me rephrase that, would be less likely to lie about the hounds age to begin with. If all the folks putting on hunts would do this, then the advantage they think they are getting would become less.

Re: 2-Day Derby H.G.A. November 21, 22

I know what a derby hound is. I was just asking because I've been to some hunts where they went back to the 1st. I agree with you 100% on the way hounds should be entered.