SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Registering a Deer in N.C.

This is something the NC Concerned Sportsman Assoc. asked if they would do to show how many deer are killed with hounds instead of still sitting Trying to prove a point to the NC Wildlife Commisioners.

I called one in and it asked me if I killed it in front of one or more dogs.

most big dog clubs have book at the clubhouse to register deer so i dont know how this will give a good number of deer killed with dogs i killed a deer in bow season i didnt see thing new in the book

andy horton

252 813 7591

We should all try to get the word out to all hunting clubs (some clubs, like ours register their own deer...they are recognized as a "cooperating agent" or something like that). Unless these clubs also record and report whether or not the deer was taken in front of dogs, the state totals for the number of deer taken in front of dogs will be substantially lower than the actual numbers.

Need to be careful with tracking the number of deer or any kind of animal for that matter... folks don't mind you hunting as long as you ain't killing or catching nothing

I think the question was just added to the phone registration procees, might be on the computer to don't know though.

Re: Kyle

I understand the point you are making, and certainly the PETA heads and folks like them will take issue with killing any animal. However, I have worked with "city people" in the Raleigh area for years who used to criticize me for "killing poor little defenseless bambies". More recently, those same people are complaining that those same poor little defenseless bambies are everywhere, eating their gardens as well as their flowers and shrubs, and getting hit on the major commute routes, slowing traffic. Now many of those same people consider them a nuisance and they try to get me to come shoot the deer for them. Go figure.

I believe state agencies should collect the facts, and make decisions based on those facts....not making them up as they go.

Re: Re: Kyle

I see your point Kyle but, I believe the more that get registered in front of dogs will help our cause. If the big hunting clubs with books don't get counted, then the process is flawed from the start. We should call in as many as avalible and extras as possible. Should call in your buddies and family members as well. We all know that many are not reported at all. Good Hunting to all my hound hunting brothers and sisters! Hipshot, wish this was known. Another issue with hound hunters not being organized and communicating.

Maybe the insurance companies will get behind the dog hunters when they see the dog hunters are killing more.