SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: What causes a Vagina Prolapse

I went for 50 years without ever having this happen, and then I had one. So, just one of those things.

Then about 5 years later, I had two, one right after the other.

All of them distant blood, none really close.

Mine all had the problem within the first week that they came in season.

I have had several that looked like they were going to be a problem, but all they did was show a lot of pink, maybe about the side of a hen egg, but as they went out it shrunk.

The really bad ones, where they expel totally out about almost the size of a small grapefruit, you can only do a spay job.

But you have to wait until the hound is out of season.

What I have found is that you take a 5 lb. bag of sugar and rub sugar all over it and do so with vigor, and try to push it back in.

The sugar will shrink it just enough that you can force it back in.

When you get enough sugar on it and use enough force, it will eventually go back in. It is not easy, but any person who has had experience with cows can show you how to do it.

When you get it back in, put one stitch over the entrance and that will hold it in until she is out of season.

Then get her spayed because it will be a repeat only worse the next time.

I will ask my daughter if anything else causes it and post the information here.

CSSJR

thats what my vet said give him 50.00 bucks or get a rubber glove..i just left it and it fixed itself in about 6 days

We had this happen to a dog who had had multiple litters and tried the same thing just pushing in back. But it kept coming out and she could not pee so we called the vet and the vet stitched it up but a few days later came out again, went back to the vet and turns out she had a dead puppy inside her. The vet said it was a miracle she did not die herself

My daughter is a vet and this is what she said:

There is a difference between a prolapsed uterus and vaginal hyperplasia,
    which is what your hound had.
    A prolapsed uterus occurs during straining to have pups and is not very
    common in dogs, it is very common in cows.
    Vaginal hyperplasia is just an incredible enlargement of the vaginal
    tissue that only occurs during heat, as far as I know. That is also what
    the textbooks will say.

CSSJR

Thanks you guys for all your help, We finally got everything back to normal. My dogs never really prolapsed all the way but the second one camereally close. I was so scarred. They ar both doing good, but I still do not really know exactly what caused it. Neither one of them are related, Maybe a long eay down the line, but no close relations if any. This actually happened after they both came in heat. Theyhad both come in heat about 2- 3 weeks before this happened, but the vet said to wait to see what happened next time beore we decided to fix them, becuase it never came all the way out becuase we caught it in time.. Thanks again for all of your information and details..